Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Pmt Mod FirstData API vs Connect

Hello, we have installed Zen Cart v1.3.9h and have payment module "FirstData/Linkpoint/YourPay API" installed. When in testing in 'successful' mode, all went well til the final step, Confirm Order. After a moment, I got the error msg "We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are presently unable to contact the Credit Card company for authorization. Please contact the Store Owner for payment alternatives."

I called First Data, they said it's because SunTrust signed us up with FirstData Connect and not API. FirstData claims the merchant has to change account types from Connect to API.

Is there a FirstData Connect mod I can use instead? I don't want to have my customer change his accounts. Or is there a code fix or something? FirstData told me to dump Zencart. I'd rather not go that route.

ANY help is appreciated, thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Pmt Mod FirstData API vs Connect

FirstData told me to dump Zencart.
    Please PM me the contact information for the person you spoke to. Thanks.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Please PM me the contact information for the person you spoke to. Thanks.
    Kim, unfortunately i didn't get her name. She was snippy and not any help and basically told me if i was gonna use Zencart, I was outta luck. So I hung up and called again hoping for a better rep, which I DID get. She explained it to me, gave me the number to Suntrust and at least headed me in the right direction. This morning SunTrust changed the account type to API for us and hopefully that will resolve the issue. Going to test now, will keep you posted. I was extremely disappointed at their (FirstData) lack of support initially.. implying it's ZenCart's fault and I need to change my software... um NO.

Wish me luck, gonna test now!

Plugin Contributions

Ok, got off the phone with a supervisor from FirstData. He says it's because we host at GoDaddy, I need to have them open port 1129. So now I'm off to call GoDaddy.

Next question.. anyone know how to open the port without calling GoDaddy? I've about had it with phone support.. 18 phone calls later, at least i'm a little closer to the answer.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Nope. They can't do it.

Well, they *will* do it by upselling you to an overpriced service like a dedicated server or VPS. A total waste of money. You don't need that. What you *do* need is a *real* hosting company. See the "Certified Hosts" link at the top of this page for some much better choices.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

You're right, godaddy won't ("cant") open port 1129 and that i'd have to get another package. and she said there's no workaround.

Godaddy says they use port 80, won't open 1129 and to call back FirstData and explain that to them. GoDaddy said there's a reason why FirstData won't use port 80 but she couldn't tell me why. I'm on the phone with FirstData now, waiting for a rep. I'm just more curious than anything..

Next Step: if it's to change hosts, I will look at the link of Certified Hosts.
    What do I look for to make sure I get exactly what I need?
    THANK YOU! at least I'm making a little progress :)

Plugin Contributions

FirstData told me SunTrust could change my account type to Webservices.. they will use port 80 which what GoDaddy uses.

Is ZenCart compatible WebServices?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The FirstData module in the current version (1.x.x) of Zen Cart does not use WebServices.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I understand not wanting to change hosts, but, GoDaddy has never worked well with Zen Cart. There will be many more challenges with them as you go along in this process. Save your self a lot of headaches and make the move now.

If you search for GoDaddy on the forum you'll find many, many posts about their particular challenges.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Ok thanks.. so what you're saying is I have to change hosts?

Or do you know of a package offered by FirstData/SunTrust that plays nice with ZenCart? Those are the accounts the site owner chose and I don't want to have him change accounts again, he's gonna think i'm nuts. We've already gone from Connect to API, now they're saying change API to WebServices. I'm losing faith in their support quickly. Seems ZenCart is the only support system that tells me anything useful. Sorry, I don't mean to go round and round with this, I'm just at my wits end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast