Plugin Contributions

Default Database table names vs add-on modules

Hi Gurus,

I have a live site, which got installed with a database table prefix of znc_ on every table. Which is fine until I go to install an add on module where it fails because it can't find the right table names.

Question is, other than editing the install.sql of every add-on module is there another course of action I could take to fix this so I don't have this hassle every time I try to install a new module ?

Cheers,
    Willsy
    Last edited by willsy; 20 Jul 2011 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Changed title to be more relevant

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database table names and add-on modules

Are you having problems with the SQL patch not installing to the right tables, or with the mod not finding the right tables in operation? It sounds like the former.

The solution to this is to paste the install.sql content into Tools > Install SQL Patches instead of trying to use it directly in phpMyAdmin. The Install SQL Patches page automatically detects any table prefixes and adjusts for them.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database table names and add-on modules

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Are you having problems with the SQL patch not installing to the right tables, or with the mod not finding the right tables in operation? It sounds like the former.

The solution to this is to paste the install.sql content into Tools > Install SQL Patches instead of trying to use it directly in phpMyAdmin. The Install SQL Patches page automatically detects any table prefixes and adjusts for them.
    You are absolutely right gjh42, I was using PHPAdmin. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing sometimes. Thanks so much, "Install SQL Patches" worked perfectly !