Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default [Done 1.5.0] Paypal UK not updating admin with (refund) changes.

Hi All

When an order is processed everything goes fine and all details are listed in the admin as they should be. The problem occurs when any changes are made they are not updated into the admin.

For example I put through 2 test orders using my own Visa and Mastercard cards. I was set up for auth only and everything goes ok. I then choose to take the payment and the admin says it is completed and paypal says it is completed. I refresh the order but the changes are not shown in the admin and it just shows as auth only. Then I issue a refund and again nothing changes. The refund does go through ok on the admin and PayPal but again the order is not updated to reflect this.

I have also done the same test using final sale instead of auth and its the same. The payment is shown but when i refund it is not updated in the admin even though it has gone through in PayPal.

ZC is 1.39h upgraded through most from 1.3x.
    I am using add ons Super orders, Edit Orders, tyTracker
    I am using the business template from 123leaves. I don't think this effects any of the back end though.

I only recently made this site live after about 2 years of messing with ZC (i know a rush job ). I have had it working perfectly in the past on a few test transactions but it just does not now.

I am only using 2 payment modules
    PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK)
    PayPal Express Checkout (Pro 2.0 Payflow Edition) (UK)

If any one has any ideas I can try it would be appreciated.
    Regards

Dave.

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal not updating admin with changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Devices View Post
    I then choose to take the payment and the admin says it is completed and paypal says it is completed. I refresh the order but the changes are not shown in the admin and it just shows as auth only.
    What *exactly* were you expecting to change?
    Quote Originally Posted by Devices View Post
    Then I issue a refund and again nothing changes. The refund does go through ok on the admin and PayPal but again the order is not updated to reflect this.
    How exactly were you expecting the order to be "updated"?

Unlike the non-built-in-features that Super Orders or Edit Orders add, v1.x of Zen Cart does not actually update the order subtotals or purchase amounts when you do a capture or refund.

The only change one would expect to see would be additional order-status-comments just like you'd see if you typed in an update when you manually updated the status from say Processing to Shipped.

So, if you were expecting to see a refund suddenly change the final purchase amount to something else, you're looking for a feature not provided in the current version.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal UK not updating admin with changes.

Hello

Thank you for the reply.

I was sure when I tested before if I made a payment and the store was set to auth only it showed as such in the standard order display (not superorders). Then if I captured the payment it changed to show I had actually received the money and the status would change from pending to processing. Also if a refund was given it would change back to pending even if that refund was made from paypals website and not the admin panel.

I thought i had also read elsewhere on the forum that refund made from your paypal account should appear as refunded in the admin panel and change the status.
    Regards

Dave.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, it will do that, but only if the IPN communications between PayPal's server and *your* server are working perfectly.
    You can troubleshoot that here: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok thank you for the pointer. I checked through and everything seems to be working just fine. Both IPN checks give good results and the IPN handler comes back with nothing to process message which I assume means it is ok.

I then check my IPN setting in PayPal & the IPN history which is very useful, I have never noticed this before. It shows all the communication attempts as successful.

I enabled debug and performed another transaction. Everything went fine so I initiated a refund from PayPal's site. The order status and comments did not change.

Checking the 16 IPN debug emails the last few show the following.

Breakpoint: 3 - Communication method verified

Breakpoint: 4 - Details: txn_type=unknown ordersID = 0 IPN_id=0

Relevant data from POST:
    txn_type = unknown
    parent_txn_id = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    txn_id = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Transaction type (txn_type) = unknown
    [parentLookup=unknown]

Breakpoint: 5 - midstream checkpoint

Breakpoint: 5 - Record does not need to be processed since it is not new and is not an update. See earlier notices. Processing aborted.
    I replaced the IPN_Handler with the one out of the zen-cart-v1.3.9h-full-fileset-10262010.zip just in case it was an old one. I use the resend feature on the PayPal IPN history page but received the exact same emails.

So am I correct in assuming its not processing the data because it does not know what the data is? Is this something that may have changed on PayPal's side recently?
    Last edited by Devices; 29 May 2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Typo
    Regards

Dave.

Plugin Contributions

Hello again.

No thoughts? I have had a check around the script with my limited knowledge but i can not find anything obvious to me.

A concern is if it is not specific to us then some shops may be refunding from PayPal and still processing order from their cart. If they have different people handling things the person(s) checking the cart and processing shipments may not know the order has been refunded.
    Regards

Dave.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I would need to see the entire log. The FILE would be preferred, since the emails are difficult to stitch together.
    Plus, since the log will show the incoming transaction ID, it would be necessary to cross-reference that to the existing transaction IDs in your database's paypal table to understand why it's not reporting a matching order number.

Plugin Contributions

Ok thank you.

I will sort the log out later this evening. I am stuck in the workshop for a bit yet.
    Regards

Dave.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

[parent_txn_id] => 4U123523D6817640C
    That parent txn_id is not found in your paypal database table, and thus the IPN handler is unable to link it up, and thus aborts processing. If it were found then it would process the refund notice and downgrade the order status and add a comment in the history to that effect.

If it were found then Breakpoint 4 would say "parent" instead of "unknown", and the order number would be shown.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for taking a look at the log.

The sale is still in the DB.

This is what I have in the comments for the sale.

Transaction ID: EDMP2B4E684C
    PPRef: 4U123523D6817640C
    AuthCode: 111111
    Payment Type: Credit Card (PF)
    Timestamp: 2011-05-29 11:32:00
    Payment Status: Completed
    AVS Code: AVSADDR: Y, AVSZIP: Y, IAVS: Y
    CVV2 Code: Y
    Amount: 5.50 GBP

The entry in the PayPal table has the above Transaction ID in the invoice field and the PPRef in the txn_id field.
    Regards

Dave.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast