Plugin Contributions

Default Site is WSD after restoring database

I have looked but no direct answer to me problem...I have ver 1.3.9 and did as you directed for backing up site. I backed it up properly from phpadmin into a zip file so it wasn't too large. And then on FTP backed up every file. I was doing a addon b4 I backed everything up and it didn't work and site screwed up, so then I deleted all files off server and reloaded then again with FTP. No problems. And then I deleted all files on database to clear whatever file got corrupted, and then reloaded my zip file. All tables recreated fine. Then went to url and loaded it again and WSD appeared. Nothing but white?? I don't get it. It was the same files that worked fine b4 and the same database that worked b4 also....So what is the problem, is there a hidden file I don't see that is responsible? Please somebody help, it is my partners store...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site is WSD after restoring database

A quick search for "blank page" in the FAQs (frequently asked questions) section brings up this article: entitled I am getting a blank page

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I use Coreftp to move files around, and never had a problem before using it. There is absolutely nothing else that can I can think of the reason on my end for this happening...Just reloaded all files as they were b4...now no store..I will try reloading files once again...geez

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Um ... did you even look at the link I posted?
    Did you look at the myDebugxxxx.log files that it directs you to?
    What's in those log files?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I don't know why it is doing this, I looked debug files and there is a bunch of stuff in their that makes no sense to me. So I am just going to re-install everything, I am fed up with it. I might look into another software too, I never had a problem with other software like this. Nothing is happening. And I don't have time to dig into files and the why's , when this shouldn't have happened. But thanks for trying to help...

Plugin Contributions

When you get a blank white page it is usually because of:

1. Files being uploaded by your FP programme with nothing in them (zero bytes), or
    2. .htaccess files (hidden files normally) not being copied over, or
    3. A PHP fatal error.

That's why you were advised to look at the debug files.

You'll get these sort of problems with restoring after messing up any kind of dynamic php/mysql based software - but it's not the software that's the problem.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

If you have given up trying to get your site going you might give my method a try. This is providing you have a complete backup of your site and database.

Note: Don't bother using the method below if you don't have shell access as you'll most likely need to reset your file permissions correctly.

Your entire site, take all its contents and archive into .gz format. Upload this using cpanel file manager, and when completed delete (through cpanel) the entire contents of your site and then expand the .gz file, then delete that.

If you can get this far and don't know what to do after that point (setting file and dir permissions through shell) get back to me.

Once complete, just restore your backed up database and everything should work. I do this regularly and have never had an issue.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kelliets View Post
    I looked debug files and there is a bunch of stuff in their that makes no sense to me.
    Perhaps you can share them here so maybe we can interpret them for you?