Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it the editor, ZC or browsers?

Following my previous post, I did a clean install of 1.3.9h and tested again:

With the "Plain Text" editor, I selected Define Pages Editor > Main Page. I inserted the two characters & and € above the existing advertisement of the Zen Cart manual and clicked "save" as shown in the attached screen shot:

I then selected Define Pages Editor > Main Page again and the two special characters had been converted to & and € as can be seen below:

The editor for product descriptions functions correctly.

Could this be a bug?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It does seem to be a problem with how the define-pages-editor screen works.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Work-around for the time being would be to edit the Define file on your computer then upload the changed file.

Plugin Contributions

No problem. As long as it's not something wrong on my part, I leave it in the capable hands of the developers for future correction.

Rob, I already do what you suggest although it's easy to miss an ampersand in a URI. As for the € symbol, it doesn't give a validation error but is not displayed correctly in the bldy IE if not entered as €

Thanks to everyone for listening.

Plugin Contributions

This is just an update for DrByte:

The same happens with the define meta tags editor. The & and € are converted to & and € once the page is saved and opened again.

This was tested on a clean ZC installation and I thought of advising you, so that a common fix could be applied when convenient.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Not sure if you've been participating in the v1.5.0BETA testing, but the updated zip posted today should accommodate these issues now.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you DrByte, I have seen the thread in 1.5 Beta about addressing these issues.

Although I would like to, I don't participate in the Beta at the moment a) because I don't have any time left to do that and b) because I'm 64 and not a programmer/developer, just a normal user struggling to set up an on line store.

It is encouraging though that an issue like this is addressed a few days after it was discovered and reported.

Keep up the good work and I'm trying to help as much as possible with my poor (compared to yours) knowledge by replying to a few simple questions raised in the forums.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12