Plugin Contributions

Default Perishable items only ship UPS overnight, dry goods with normal shipping options

v1.3.8a

Had several looks throughout the forum to see if there's a procedure for having perishable items only being sent UPS overnight, while other dry goods have the regular UPS shipping options. The couple things I've found keep pointing me to ceon advanced shipping app. Ajeh really knows what he/she is talking about but the scenarios are always a little different.

My client sells frozen tamales, chili and queso in varying combo packs for set prices with "shipping included", not "free shipping". Client doesn't want Free Shipping shown. These go out UPS overnight...

"Frozen/refrigerated products are normally shipped UPS second day on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Dry Product may ship in separate package UPS Ground." according to the client.

Is there a way to have the various combo packs in my tamales category set to only have UPS Overnight for the specific price of the combo pack while dry goods like salsas, hot sauces, etc. can have normal shipping rules/costs and go out separately?

http://www.texastamales.biz/store/

Thanks ahead of time!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Perishable items only ship UPS overnight, dry goods with normal shipping options

See what Ajeh added for the issue starting at about post #5

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165331

Yes, this is for USPS but the solution would be similar for UPS
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Perishable items only ship UPS overnight, dry goods with normal shipping options

Thanks Kobra,

Yeah, I saw that post but it's about $50 handling charges. We don't have a handling charge per say, just a fixed price for various combo packs or "survival kits" as they like to call them that includes the shipping cost (http://texastamales.biz/store/index....=index&cPath=1). Maybe dealing with my issue can be handled as a 'handling charge' but at the moment don't understand the correlation.

I have those products set to a weight of 0 with no Free Shipping set, which works for the display side of things, but the final checkout doesn't show any type of shipping for those kits.

Their existing system also allows you to state in "Special Instructions" what date you'd like the product shipped... Mon, Tues or Wed. I can just guide customers to state this in Zencart's Special Comments as well, but there's nothing stated in the shipping terms on final checkout that indicates when the product will ship and arrive in the shipping information. My client can obviously figure this out on our end from the Special Instructions, but on the customer end it's kind of opened-ended with nothing specific on the customer's receipt besides what they wrote in Special Instructions (no confirmation shown). Ideas?

Launch is slated for Aug 1... Monday! Yikes

Many, many thanks!
    Gerald

Plugin Contributions

My client can obviously figure this out on our end from the Special Instructions, but on the customer end it's kind of opened-ended with nothing specific on the customer's receipt besides what they wrote in Special Instructions (no confirmation shown). Ideas?
    Maybe add the days as attributes to be selected??
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I'm just gonna add some text to the top of the cart with instructions of specifying certain things in the the Special Instructions, then change that title to Delivery Instructions / Personal Greeting Message. If you know where to change that title, let me know. In the meantime, I'll do a search on Special Instructions on the whole directory and see if I can find it. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Found it.