Plugin Contributions

Default History counter repeating

Hi,
    The history counter in the admin area seems to be repeating.
    This is directly under the New customers list
    It looks like this......

Counter History for last 10 recorded days Session - Total
    07/27/2011 6 - 6
    07/27/2011 6 - 6
    07/27/2011 6 - 6
    07/27/2011 6 - 6
    07/27/2011 6 - 6
    07/27/2011 6 - 6
    07/26/2011 113 - 255
    07/26/2011 113 - 255
    07/26/2011 113 - 255
    07/26/2011 113 - 255

I have no idea what is causing it and how to fix it.

Thanks for all help.

Chris.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: History counter repeating

Sounds like the upgrade to 1.3.9 failed to execute all steps properly.
    Please explain the version history.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Not sure what info your asking for, but you're right it was an upgrade, but not done as just an upgrade.

My new server transferred it from my old server for me but something went drastically wrong and they couldn't fix it.

Anyway I was left with a non functioning website so what I did was to delete everything and do a fresh install.

I had back ups of the mysql database but the other back ups were the same as what they transferred, so not knowing what else to do, I dropped that database into the fresh install, but came up with errors such as conflicting database versions creating a few problems, so had to start again.

Did a new fresh install, then I created a separate database, dropped the back up database into that, then changed anything that was different from the fresh install database to be the same. I then transferred all the updated database into the fresh install.

The only thing that was different was the language (cant remember what it was called).
    Anyway that worked perfectly except for the one thing that I am asking about.

I then overwrote one page at a time from the old backup, but it was mainly things like info on the define pages editor for main page, page 1, page 2 etc just things like that, no inner workings of the php scripts were change, didn't need to.
    I did however need to transfer all of my preferred template, which was the lavender (looks nothing like the original settings though lol).

I figured the error is lying in a script but had no idea where to look. If it's in the database, not sure what to look for there either.

Thanks for your reply and I hope this helps and makes sense.
    This isn't urgent by the way it just annoys me seeing it like that.

Chris.

Plugin Contributions

This happened to me too... After upgrading..

I dont know if you know anything about amending the tble in SQL, but that is what I did to fix it. The table called... 'counter_history' did not have an index set on it... When I looked into it, a new install, for the table had a primary index on the field called 'startdate'... Somehow the upgrade never changed this...

So, in PHPMyAdmin, I went to that table and looked at the structure of that table 'counter_history' and clicked on the yellow key icon to the right of the field called 'startdate' ...

I immediately got an error because there were duplicates in that field in the existing data.. so I just manually went through the data and removed all them duplicates that were only really there after the upgrade date... And then added the primary index on 'startdate'... After which, the counter data started to work correctly...

It could not possibly create duplicates any more, because the primary index stop duplicates..

Cheers
    G