Plugin Contributions

Default Customer action required prior to checkout how to do?

I have looked around the forum and faqs but not even really sure what terms I need to search for this. I have a site that accepts both US and CAD I have a very specific return policy that covers me in the case of people trying to play the system. As in they will not return things in original package or clearly NOT in resalable condition etc..etc...

So what I would love to do is make it so that ANYWHERE on the site that a person clicks the "CHECKOUT" button it first sends them to a page what explains the return policy and has an I agree or I don't agree button, check box, etc.. if they agree they are forwarded to the page with New customer accounts, or returning or create profile etc.. etc.. if they don't agree they are redirected somewhere else..

That just doesn't sound that hard, but I have no clue how to do it.. am I dreaming here or is this as easy as it sounds?

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer action required prior to checkout how to do?

Why not just add the text to the first 'login/create account' page and just by them continuing with the order process is their agreement to do so?

Plugin Contributions

There are 2 ways you can go about having the customer acknowledge a policy - during the account creation or early in the checkout process itself - see YOUR_ADMIN> Configuration> Regulations. You can customize the policy name and its wording.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    There are 2 ways you can go about having the customer acknowledge a policy - during the account creation or early in the checkout process itself - see YOUR_ADMIN> Configuration> Regulations. You can customize the policy name and its wording.
    That did it perfectly thank you very much.. all done works like a charm.