Plugin Contributions

red flag Stock by Attributes problem: In-stock product showing out of stock in shopping cart

I am using ZC1.3.9h, and I have installed Stock by Attributes. I have no idea of the source of my problem? I have searched the forums and FAQs but have not found anything that helps. I just noticed the problem today, but I do not know if it existed before today.

The problem: if a customer adds an "out of stock" item to their shopping cart and does not delete it, all items added to the cart after that one will also show as "out of stock" even if they do have stock. If they add an item with stock first, all additions that follow will be correct, until one with no stock is added, and all after that will show as "out of stock" regardless.

I have the stock configuration set to continue as active if out of stock, but do not allow checkout for out of stock items. I also have it set to show the sold out image rather than the Add to Cart, but when the out of stock item is one of two of the same subcategory, one with stock and one without, it will allow the out of stock item to be added to the cart.

My site address is www.appalachias~t~i~t~c~h~e~s.com/ w/o the ~s. Feel free to use the visitor cart to reproduce the problem.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: In-stock product showing out of stock in shopping cart

Is there any additional information I could supply that might enable someone to respond to my post? I really would like to get some help on this one. I do not know where to go to solve the problem. Even if someone could just ask a question that might point me to something to check out and test.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attributes problem: In-stock product showing out of stock in shopping ca

This has been covered repeatedly in the mod's support thread where there is a solution posted.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attributes problem: In-stock product showing out of stock in shopping ca

There are 125 pages in this mod's support thread, and I tried searching with many different options, but I was never able to find a solution to this problem. I was hoping that someone could point me to that solution since I have made a good faith effort to find the solution. I did not look one by one through all 125 pages, but I guess that is what I will do now.

Thanks for the help!

Plugin Contributions

Thankfully, I started at the back of the support thread, and discovered a reference to the same problem has posted since I originally posted my question. Fortunately, the response to the newer post referenced the location of a solution. The reference was made to Athena's post on page 114, in which a different version of includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart/header_php.php was provided. I replaced the file on my system, and it solved the problem. Hooray!

Thanks to Athena for finding the solution. And a special thanks to Pablo who took the time to point to Athena's post on page 114.

Plugin Contributions

Your strategy was spot on. If a search doesn't get it, start at the end and work backwards as that's where current problems will have been raised and hopefully resolved.

Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)