Plugin Contributions

Default Seperate product prices per country

Hi all,

Were setting up a shop for a client who is currently selling in the UK and USA ( going to start selling in other countries in the nea future).

The problem we have is that we need to have different prices for products for different countries, but cant use the exchange rate as some prices are more and some are less.

I have had a look and cant see any mods that would work (correct me if im wrong). ... i have looked into the dual pricing, but dont think that is what im looking for as you have to assign already registered customers with a differnt price group.

Each product could end up having three or four prices associated with it ... ...

Just wondered if anyone else has come across this issue and managed to think of a way around it .... all help and comments are greatly received :)

Thanks in advance

Scott

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Seperate product prices per country

Hi all, ive noticed that this post has had quite afew visitors but no replies ..... we have thought about our issue for ages and i shall quickly explain how we have overcome this problem.

Firstly we couldnt find a mod which would do what we needed, and creating one would be a major task and out of the question due to time/money restrictions.

So we decided to setup 2 new subdomains to combat the issue of multiple countries (we are aware it is not the most elegant way of doing it, as if you make a change you need to do it multiple times).

This has been made worse by the fact the customers hosting company doesnt allow you to setup subdomains through the control panel, and it seems to be hard to contact them ..... so we have parked that idea.

So to cut a long story short we have ended up having to turn off our Mod re-write module so we can link directly to the subfolders for the other countries and without the mod re-write causing issues ..... still not the most elegant but it works.

I guess you could also install the 'Multisite Module' .... i have never used it before, and we wont be using it in this instance as we are not sure how it will work with all of the modules we have installed.

Finally we will be sticking up an html landing page which will direct the user to the appropriate country they are ordering from.

Anway...

Sorry for the rambling, but just thought it may be of some use to someone else at somepoint.

Regards
    Scott

Plugin Contributions

I can confirm that there isn't a core function or mod that does this at this time. The most efficient way would be a custom mod. We've done similar for retail / wholesale, i.e. two domains feeding into the same site with different templates, different prices and even different ways of displaying and handling tax (it's done differently in the UK to in the US) but sharing a lot of products.

There was less custom coding than you might expect, but it did require a very solid understanding of Zen Cart's innards.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Yeah we did contemplate trying to mod the 'dual pricing mod' ..... and we probably could have modded it for use with the uk/us .... but they will be starting to sell their products in more countries soon so it would be a short term solution....

Maybe one day we will have the time/money to create a module which will allow you to enter in seperate product prices per country when the 'tax' rate cant be used..... just wont be any time in the near future. ..... but i would also need a good understanding of the the zen carts innards asyou say lol