Page 5 of 245 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4.x

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by weljkodj View Post
    How to type disallow pages in robots.txt?
    Actually, I'm afraid that I don't know!

What you've written looks right to me but it's not something I've ever got round to using myself.

Sorry I can't be more help than that!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Feznizzle View Post
    Greetings from hot and sticky Florida. Long time no talk, I hope this note finds you doing well!
    Well hello from the usual, lovely and sunny, then freezing cold, then ok, then not-sure-what-this-is-now place that is Ireland. ;)

Do I need to flush Ceon URI from mySQL when I switch domains? Or should I be able to transfer the database to the new domain with no Ceon URI issues?
    Just take the database tables across as they are. As long as you aren't changing the value of DIR_WS_CATALOG everything will be fine. Ceon URI Mapping doesn't care what the value of HTTP_SERVER is.

What do you think about where "upgrading Ceon URI" fits into my order of operations?
    That's the correct order. Again, as long as DIR_WS_CATALOG remains the same, everything will be fine.

Thanks again for all your help! Ceon URI has my vote as the BEST ZC mod ever!
    That's nice of you to say.. you should like 4.x even better then, it's a complete rewrite and substantially better on the backend side of things as well as having some nice new user-side/admin functionality. :)

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

Actually, I'm afraid that I don't know!

What you've written looks right to me but it's not something I've ever got round to using myself.

Sorry I can't be more help than that!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon
    OK I'm gonna test both versions and post my conclusion later.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by weljkodj View Post
    OK I'm gonna test both versions and post my conclusion later.
    Oh, I thought you meant "will either of these work at all?". Which is what I replied to.

If either (both) work as valid "commands" to block robots (which is what I don't know for sure), then you'd need both for a while as the search engines may still have the dynamic URI indexed.

Over time only the URI used on your site would be needed.. the search engines will use the Ceon URI Mapping URI (/kontakt) as that is what your URIs are now that Ceon URI Mapping is in control.. just check you've no hard-coded index.php?main_page=contact_us links in your template etc. because Ceon URI Mapping will transparently redirect those "old" URIs to the new static ones (/kontakt).

Hope that helps.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting links in sidebox titles to work correctly.

I have 4.0.3 installed on ZenCart 1.3.9h and all my products & categories are working OK. I even have all my shipping, terms and conditions pages etc. working (after adding the correct entries in the DB).

I have a "Products" category and then subcategories of "Jam", "Marmalade", "Fudge" etc.

In the categories sidebox, if I hover over the "Products" category, it shows the URL as "http://127.0.0.1/MySite/Products" and if I click on it, I get the correct page.

If I hover over the "Jam" category, I see the URL "http://127.0.0.1/MySite/Products/Jams" and if I click on it, I get the correct page.

So far so good, everything is working well.

However, I have set the $title_link of the sidebox to point to my "Products" category, which has a cPath of 1. So in the categories.php I have the line $title_link = 'index&cPath=1';

I have checked, and the $title_link variable gets passed to tpl_box_default_left.php and uses the line "zen_href_link($title_link)" to create a link.

The problem I have is that this link is outputted as "http://127.0.0.1/MySite/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1" which is obviously not being re-written.

If I click on the link, I end up at "http://127.0.0.1/MySite/Products" which is where I want to be.

So. any ideas why the link isn't being outputted correctly?

Thanks.

Bob.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Bob,

Hope you like the software (you didn't say).

Quote Originally Posted by bobmoss View Post
    I have set the $title_link of the sidebox to point to my "Products" category, which has a cPath of 1. So in the categories.php I have the line $title_link = 'index&cPath=1';

I have checked, and the $title_link variable gets passed to tpl_box_default_left.php and uses the line "zen_href_link($title_link)" to create a link.

The problem I have is that this link is outputted as "http://127.0.0.1/MySite/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1" which is obviously not being re-written.
    No because you are not using the function correctly.

Page parameters aren't passed in the first parameter, only the page name is, so you need to pass two parameters to end up with:

zen_href_link('index', 'cPath=1');

If I click on the link, I end up at "http://127.0.0.1/MySite/Products" which is where I want to be.
    Yes, that's because the transparent historical URI redirection functionality is changing the dynamic URI into its current static URI.

Nifty software this if I don't say so myself. :)

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi Conor,

Yes, I love the software, it's excellent and just works.

And it's even better for getting quick personal replies from yourself

No because you are not using the function correctly.

Page parameters aren't passed in the first parameter, only the page name is, so you need to pass two parameters to end up with:

zen_href_link('index', 'cPath=1');
    Ah, I see, that makes sense. The only issue I have is that the code is part of the standard sidebox template code and is only expecting one parameter.

I shall roll up my sleeves, put on my coding hat and make a few changes.

Nifty software this if I don't say so myself. :)
    And so you should say, you have put a lot of hard work into it and the amount of documentation is impressive!

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

And it's even better for getting quick personal replies from yourself
    Glad you like it.. yeah.. I'll reply to you but not to spammers.. first time I've seen that here.. hopefully that's not the start of a new trend, I check in here more than enough as it is! :)

Ah, I see, that makes sense. The only issue I have is that the code is part of the standard sidebox template code and is only expecting one parameter.

I shall roll up my sleeves, put on my coding hat and make a few changes.
    Yeah, just change the template code slightly, e.g. edit

common/tpl_box_default_right.php to accept another parameter:

PHP Code:
    $title '<a href="' zen_href_link($title_link) . '">' $title BOX_HEADING_LINKS '</a>'
    to

PHP Code:
    $title '<a href="' zen_href_link($title_link, (isset($title_link_parameters) ? $title_link_parameters '')) . '">' $title BOX_HEADING_LINKS '</a>'
    Obviously set the appropriate values in $title_link and $title_link_parameters variables.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi Conor,

Hi,

Yeah, just change the template code slightly, e.g. edit

common/tpl_box_default_right.php to accept another parameter:
    Have just made the changes as you suggest and it's now working perfectly! Many thanks!

One more quick question for you - is it best practice to add mappings for shopping basket & checkout pages or is it best to leave those alone?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Have just made the changes as you suggest and it's now working perfectly! Many thanks!
    No problem.

One more quick question for you - is it best practice to add mappings for shopping basket & checkout pages or is it best to leave those alone?
    It's entirely up to you.

We use static URIs for all our URIs. All our software is fully compatible with static URIs for the checkout and we think a site with static URIs looks better than one with dynamic URIs.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Page 5 of 245 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast