Plugin Contributions

application error Page 500 Error after submission of customer registration page

Hi,

I have a new install of Zen 1.3.9 hosted on Freeola. The only mod is the Black PureFree template from 12leaves.com.

http://www.makeupbyhelen.co.uk/catal...create_account

The site all installed ok and i thought it was ready to go but whilst trying to add a test customer i get a Host error page saying.

A scripting/config error prevents the server from showing this page
    ?

So in the background the customer account is still created making me think the mysql is working ok. I have spent hours checking the chmod settings thinking maybe they are to blaim but even changing from 777 folders to 755 and 644 to 444 php i still cant seem to get it....

Any help would be greatly appreciated this is started to frazzle my brain...

Cheers
    Alex

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Page 500 Error after submission of customer registration page

ok so i believe the Server is running suPHP. Dont really understand what this means but i have changed all folders to 755 and all files to 644 but to no avail...

From the tutorial page how exactly do you.
    "make sure that your files and folders are owned by your username and not root" ?

Could this be my problem ?

Tutorial page description....

CONSIDERATIONS WHEN RUNNING suPHP or suExec ON YOUR SERVER:
    If your host is running suPHP (occasionally also referred to as suexec), there are a couple variations on permissions issues which you must observe:
    a) you will need to make sure that your files and folders are owned by your username and not root

b) you also need to make sure that any folder that has .php files in it is set to no higher than 755 and .php files are set to no higher than 644.
    If either of these is not done, then you'll get "500 Internal Server Error" messages.

Thus, in suPHP mode, substitute "755" for all "777" suggestions mentioned above in relation to *folders*, and "644"

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=9

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Page 500 Error after submission of customer registration page

ok so 20mins on the phone to the Host Freeola. From memory he knows of other Freeola sites using Zen ok. He is sure there isnt any change that needs making to the user / root owner part of it and it could instead be a code redirect issue resulting in a page not found. I really need some experience here please as im really not sure where to go from here.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Page 500 Error after submission of customer registration page

Omg...... complete wild goose chase, this has nothing to do with the chmod !

I had the email setup wrong !

The email option transport method was still set to PHP so when it submitted the form it crashed out and displayed the hosts 500 error message.....

Hopefully someone will stumble across this post before wasting hours of their life chasing the wrong problem just like me...

Thanks for looking.

Alex