Plugin Contributions

Default email trouble in 1.5 beta

I can not send emails from the 1.5 beta using SMTPAUTH. I have the same exact settings in email config as 1.3.9h which works. I have set all the smtp settings under Configuration ->E-mail Options exactly the same as 1.3.9h and then go to Tools->Send Email and send a test message. 1.3 works-1.5 doesn't even though it says it sent it.

Does the beta not do emails and I just missed it?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: email trouble in 1.5 beta

There's functionally no difference in the email code between 1.3.9 and 1.5beta. And no, the email part is not crippled as part of beta criteria.

You'll need to pursue standard troubleshooting steps to find the cause of your undelivered email.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gobiggs View Post
    I can not send emails from the 1.5 beta using SMTPAUTH. I have the same exact settings in email config as 1.3.9h which works. I have set all the smtp settings under Configuration ->E-mail Options exactly the same as 1.3.9h and then go to Tools->Send Email and send a test message. 1.3 works-1.5 doesn't even though it says it sent it.

Does the beta not do emails and I just missed it?
    Switch to "PHP" and I bet it works.
    Then try and switch BACK..
    ...We've seen that problem before.

Plugin Contributions

I looked through all the forums and contacted Godaddy my service provider and still can not get my emails to send.

Is there to reset the admin- email section? PHP used to work and stopped working, switched it to every combo I can think of. Tried SMTP SMTPauth Sendmail qmail. Everything.

Godaddy said the SMTP is being sent out from their system. Weird stuff. any help is appreciate it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Simple: don't use GoDaddy. Do a forum search and you'll see why.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.