help question Allow only PARTIAL preview before mp3 download

I use Zen Cart 1.3.9g
    I've been going through all the threads and went through these tutorials: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=71
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=119

The goal is to have a product with a mp3 file for download BUT allow only a partial preview of the song to the customer prior to purchase.
    I already successfully set up my media collection and linked it to my first product. When a customer clicks on the song listed in the media collection a new window opens and the song plays.
    That makes it very easy for people to just rip the song off without having to pay.

There are a lot of mp3 players out there for web pages but i don't know what folder to install them into and if at all compatible with Zen Cart 1.3.9g.
    I actually tried to install a few of them without success. Any advice is appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Allow only PARTIAL preview before mp3 download

Consider this: The media-manager tool is *only* a preview tool (ie: these files are NOT the same files as the customer receives when they buy the item). So, the only mp3 clips you should upload for it *are* previews.

So, the solution is simple: upload pre-trimmed preview versions of your mp3 files.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Default Re: Allow only PARTIAL preview before mp3 download

Oh my goodness - thank you so much!!
    "media-manager tool is *only* a preview tool. " What an important piece of information ! That wasn't mentioned in any of the tutorials and it makes EVERYTHING so clear! Well I tried it and it works of course so thank you for your input!!