Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Browser times out trying to display login.php on GoDaddy host

I just installed zen cart on my Godaddy hosting account but I can't get into my admin area because my IE9 browser times out and says it can't display the page when trying to access login.php.

I can get into my new store and sign up as a customer, so that area seems to be working well.

I don't have an SSL certificate for my store yet.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Browser times out trying to display login.php on GoDaddy host

Using:

Zen Cart 1.3.9h

PHP version 5.2.14

Linux p3nlh165.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net 2.6.18-238.12.1.el5PAE #1 SMP Tue May 31 14:02:45 EDT 2011 i686

Plugin Contributions

After turning on strict error reporting by adding
    define("STRICT_ERROR_REPORTING', true); near the top of application_top.php, I got the following parse error showing up:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING

for this statement:

if (!isset($PHP_SELF)) $PHP_SELF = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];

in the admin version of 'includes/application_top.php'

Plugin Contributions

Did you use their one-click install or a download from Source Forge?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I used their one click install.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Then delete it and try another install.
    If that fails, log a ticket with their support department to get them to fix whatever is broken by their one-click install.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK, thanks. I'll try that.

Meanwhile, I've isolated the point where it's hanging up --
    login.php gets into but not out of the
    require('includes/application_top.php');
    statement.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

All I can say is that thousands of installations before you haven't had that problem, so it appears to be a glitch with the copy of the files that were put on your server by your host's one-click install.

You could alternatively do your own manual install (which is the recommended method anyway) using original Zen Cart files (see link on our home page), and/or compare all the files put onto your server against the original versions of those files, and sort out the anomalies there yourself.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that advice. I did do a complete uninstall and then manually reinstalled using the download from the Zen Cart website.

However, after renaming the install files folder and adjusting the admin version of configure.php and renaming the admin folder, I still have the same situation of being able to access my store as a customer but not being able to get to my admin login to tailor the store. My browser times out and then gives up saying that it can't display the file.

I don't believe it's a file permission issue because I put a copy of phpinfo.php into the renamed admin folder and I can execute that just fine. I also tried renaming the .htaccess file but that didn;t solve the problem either.

I haven't added any debugging printouts to this latest version yet, but when I did that with the earlier installation that was having the same problem, I found that it was hanging up right at the tail end of the required application_top.php script and wan't returning to the login.php script from the require statement.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Try this: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=81
    If that solves it, then your GoDaddy server has some firewall issues that need addressing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast