Thread: Php 5.3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Php 5.3

my server was upgraded with PHP 5.3 and now I get a delayed server response when requesting updated info from my website... for example, if some one wants to update the quanity amount in the cart, it takes several tries to get the updated info to show in the cart... or if I am looking at who's online, the time lapse doesn't update properly... my host has told me it was an issue with the script using 5.2 functions and that is where the problem is... is there a patch for this or does anyone have suggestions?? or am I looking at a dedicated server so I can configure specifically for the script...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Php 5.3

You didn't say which ZC version you're using; v1.3.9h supports PHP v5.3+ and v1.3.8a doesn't ...

Plugin Contributions

I am using 1.3.9h.... apparel-printers.com/estore....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you're truly using Zen Cart v1.3.9 or newer, then none of the ZC code is "using 5.2 functions". So, either you've got addons installed that are not compatible with 5.3, or your host is blowing smoke and unwilling to investigate their problem.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

must be 1 or more of the addons... I guess I will have to check into each of them to find out... would an add on affect a basic function??? like if I look to see whos online and I note the time a user is at the site, then chick refreash.... the time doesn't change everytime... if I repeat the refreash every few seconds, after about 30 seconds I will get a new number for the elapsed time....

here is a response from my host....

The issue here relates the PHP version. It appears as though your estore is not PHP 5.3 compatible.
    As a result I am seeing alot of deprecated warnings (the estore script is using old PHP 5.2 functions and not the new improves ones).

Example:
    [07-Sep-2011 08:57:52] PHP Deprecated: Directive 'register_globals' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
    [07-Sep-2011 08:57:52] PHP Deprecated: Directive 'magic_quotes_gpc' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0

I have updated the custom php.ini under your /public_html

Unfortunately there really isnt much way around this other than to update the script's functions or if they have a newer script release, to update/patch the script.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Um ... when error-log messages such as you've quoted are talking about "Directives", they're referring to the contents of a PHP.ini file, and NOT to actual running PHP scripts.
    So, those errors are specifically talking about all the php.ini files that are active on your site. You and your host will have to find out which of those php.ini files is causing those errors to appear. It won't be caused by Zen Cart or its addons. (If it was caused by actual running PHP *files* then the error message would name the actual .php script file and line number, not "Unknown on line 0" and not talk about "directives".)

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Admin > Tools > Developers Tool Kit: Look-up in all files

Enter: register_globals
    to see which file uses that code, which will help to determine which module as well

Plugin Contributions

Rob... I got 1 result from the lookup but I'm not sure what it is telling me... here is the result...

Line #73 : echo 'REGISTERED GLOBALS is: <strong>' . (ini_get('register_globals')=='1' ? 'ON' : 'OFF') . '</strong>' . ' Session Timeout: <strong>' . ini_get('session.gc_maxlifetime') . 's</strong><br /><br />';

DrByte... I resented my host with your answer and waiting on a response...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    Admin > Tools > Developers Tool Kit: Look-up in all files

Enter: register_globals
    to see which file uses that code, which will help to determine which module as well

"look-up in all files" does indeed look in all sections, but only searches .php, .css, .html, .txt. It does not look in .ini files, so will not find offending directives in php.ini files etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by iknowalttl View Post
    Rob... I got 1 result from the lookup but I'm not sure what it is telling me... here is the result...

Line #73 : echo 'REGISTERED GLOBALS is: <strong>' . (ini_get('register_globals')=='1' ? 'ON' : 'OFF') . '</strong>' . ' Session Timeout: <strong>' . ini_get('session.gc_maxlifetime') . 's</strong
    That's from a utility script that could be used to show some of your PHP configuration settings on-screen if that were necessary for tech support purposes. I'm guessing it's located in the zc_install folder, in which case it should be deleted when you delete your zc_install folder so you can use the software securely.
    It has nothing to do with the messages quoted by your hosting company earlier.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by iknowalttl View Post

Line #73 : echo 'REGISTERED GLOBALS is: <strong>' . (ini_get('register_globals')=='1' ? 'ON' : 'OFF') . '</strong>' . ' Session Timeout: <strong>' . ini_get('session.gc_maxlifetime') . 's</strong><br /><br />';
    Results should also be showing you file path and name. Should be shown at top of Results page.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast