Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default New Mod: Expandable / Collapsible Attributes Field in Product Page

Hey im uploading this mod to the addons area, hopefully it will get some interest.

It is a cosmetic mod using jquery to make the attributes area a little more appealing, it has an expandable / collapsible div for attributes, so if like me on some of your products have a large amount of attributes, this is perfect for tucking them away until the customer actually wants to input something. For browsers with javascript disabled it displays as expanded.

Its a pretty simple mod with the only override being the modules_attributes.php file and some additional css.

Not tested for compatibility with other mods but i am using Tabbed products Pro on 1.3.9h and is working fine.

See it on my live store: http://www.livvylougifts.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Mod: Expandable / Collapsible Attributes Field in Product Page

Liking your mods a lot

Plugin Contributions

This is now live in addons area: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1989

If you fancy posting your site and giving alternative working demo's that would be great :)

I have had to submit an update though which is not yet live because i forgot to include modified tpl_modules_attributes.php so please follow manual instructions in the readme.txt for that file until the update is accepted :)

Plugin Contributions

How do I move this up the page?
    I want it to be placed under Tabbed Products

Plugin Contributions

again, without a link for reference i cannot help?

Plugin Contributions

Quick question - does your mod handle multiple option names? When I looked at the example on your store, I only saw products with one option name (i.e. Personalize). What we need is a (toggle-like) link for each option name, like:

+ Choose color
    + Choose size
    + Choose whatever

Thanks!
    RAB

Why is it I'm always surprised when something actually works?

Plugin Contributions

http://www.livvylougifts.co.uk/index...roducts_id=591

if you see the link above i have dropdown boxes for that product, the mod is purely aesthetic, it doesnt alter the attributes themselves, it only wraps the attribute module in a expandable box the function of the attributes remains unchanged

is this what you meant?

Plugin Contributions

reading your message again i realised i've missed the point. At the moment it just deals with the module in its entirety not individual attributes

Plugin Contributions

I've been looking into this (as per your pm and message above)

The mod controls at a template level rather than modifying the attributes code (in tpl_modules_attributes.php) and as such it is indiscriminate as to what attributes it wraps.

So from what i can see you need to somehow distinguish between attributes at code level and wrap it there, this is all done in includes/modules/attributes.php (obv use override templates for testing)
    Code:
    switch ($products_options_names->fields['products_options_images_style']) {
                          case '0':
                          $tmp_checkbox .= zen_draw_checkbox_field('id[' . $products_options_names->fields['products_options_id'] . ']['.$products_options_value_id.']', $products_options_value_id, $selected_attribute, 'id="' . 'attrib-' . $products_options_names->fields['products_options_id'] . '-' . $products_options_value_id . '"') . '<label class="attribsCheckbox" for="' . 'attrib-' . $products_options_names->fields['products_options_id'] . '-' . $products_options_value_id . '">' . $products_options_details . '</label><br />' . "\n";
                          break;
    i have left the javascript in the template file (tpl_modules_attributes.php) and then lifted the additional div code which the javascript controls to wrap the checkboxes
    Code:
     $tmp_checkbox .= '<div id="expanding_attribs">
    <h2 class="expheading">Personalise This Product Here!</h2>
    <div class="expcontent">' . zen_draw_checkbox_field('id[........

this wraps each individual checkbox with the javascript, so its part of the way there, perhaps one of the pros can jump on this thread and give some guidance on how to wrap the checkboxes and their values in their entirety?

Plugin Contributions

Terrific - your contribution to both Add-ons and this forum is another wonderful example of the true superiority of the Zen Cart family in the world of open source apps!

I'll play with this and let you know of any successes!

Thanks - much appreciated!
    RAB

Why is it I'm always surprised when something actually works?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast