Plugin Contributions

Default Address line 2 (Apt/Suite number)

Greetings all,

I had a bunch of customers tell me that they included the Apt or Suite number on Address Line 2. However, when I see their order in the Processing there is no Address Line 2 visible. So, when my Stamps.com integration picks up the address it to is missing the second address line which has the important info of which unit to deliver to.

I have looked in the Admin Config area for min and max values for Address line 2 but cannot find it there. Is there something I am over looking? Thank you!

*Stamps.com gives me an error saying there should be an apt or unit number. I then have to call the customer or email to request it. - Kinda a pain for both parties.

Admin > Customer Details > Address Line 2 was/is set to [True] - Which is why I thought it should be displayed "Display address line 2 field during account creation and with account information"
    Last edited by jasmel; 16 Sep 2011 at 04:33 PM.
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Address line 2 (Apt/Suite number)

Another thing to note is when I go into PHPmyadmin and view address_book I only see entry_street_address and entry_suburb

Should I be seeing something like entry_street_address_2 ?
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Plugin Contributions

It is actually in the field:
    entry_suburb

in the table:
    address_book

Check the Customer's Order in phpMyAdmin and look to see what the fields:
    customers_address_format_id
    delivery_address_format_id
    billing_address_format_id

Then, look for that value in the table:
    address_format

and see what is in the field:
    address_format

Example, the United States uses the address_format_id of: 2

which contains:
    $firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $state $postcode$cr$country

The function zen_address_format in the functions_customers.php builds the address display from this format ...

You would then see the full address based on the format and the function zen_address_format when looking at the orders.php, invoice.php and packingslip.php

Based on the functions_customers.php where the function zen_address_format is located, unless that code is customized, you should see the full address on the Order, Invoice and Packing Slip for each Order ...

If you check the Customer in your Zen Cart Admin, do you see the Suburb, which is the:
    Address Line 2

in the Store ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

thank you for the info..

I do see the entry_suburb in phpmyadmin but not in zen-cart admin for the Order, Invoice and Packing Slip for each Order ...

Are you saying that I need to check my functions_customers.php to see if the function zen_address_format is set to US (2)?

Or is there something else I need to set up in the store admin section?

Plugin Contributions

Of course there are two functions_customers.php
    store\*admin*\includes\functions\
    store\includes\functions\

both of which have $suburb = zen_output_string_protected($address['suburb']); around line 53

and both around line 119 have this $address_id = 1

should I change that 1 to a 2?

Plugin Contributions

So, if a international customer puts something in suburb it gets added to the database. However, if a domestic customer adds something to suburb (address line 2) it doesn't write to the database. Is there something that is not working correctly?

Plugin Contributions

If you see it in the database and not in the Zen Cart Admin ... you need to see if there is something in your Zen Cart Admin blocking it ...

If you make a customer with the suburb (Address 2) filled in, to you see it for both the US and International Customers in the Customer Account information for their Address if you edit the Address?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!