Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default My new security cert does not work

Hi,

We have purchased a sec cert and it works on the hosting site.

veritechinc .com

I have modified the two configure.php files but when I order an item, I'm not switched over to https at all. Is there another setting in the cart admin that I overlooked?

Thanks,

Ed
    Last edited by Kim; 19 Sep 2011 at 10:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My new security cert does not work

If you didn't mark those 2 files as writable before you modified them, then your modifications didn't get saved, and thus Zen Cart won't be switching in and out of https automatically.
    Those 2 files are the only place that requires a change.
    Ref: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=14

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I used the exact tutorial that you mentioned and I verified that the modified configure.php files are actually on the server.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You're running your store in a frame. That's likely to cause you problems. Zen Cart is not designed to run inside an iframe.

Nevertheless, it looks like your store is switching into HTTPS mode for login just fine when I access it directly instead of from inside the iframe.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The store has been running in a frame without a problem for over 6 months now.

The likely problem is that this is my first encounter with a secure website and I'm not really sure that I grasp the entire concept. The hosting company send us a new IP address and I am wondering if I need to upload the entire website incl. the cart to this dedicated IP address and remove the one on the shared address?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Um, unless they've given you instructions to relocate your site to someplace else, that's highly unlikely.
    And if they *have* given you such instructions, then they're not doing their job properly.

What *exactly* is the problem you think you're having?
    How exactly should I be able to recreate it? If it requires logging in, what is a customer username/password I can use for testing?

Plugin Contributions

No, they have not told me to relocate the site.

Here's what I don't understand:
    When I enter https://www.veritechinc.com/, the entire website including the shopping cart seems to be on a secure site and everything works fine.

However, when I enter just www.veritechinc.com/ as a casual browser would do, I'm getting the same website on an unsecure server and it never switches into the secure mode. It appears that the website exists twice, on a secure and on an unsecure server.

I was under the assumption that, when I enter the normal www,xx..., it would automatically switch to the secure server or is that assumption wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Ed

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What you're seeing is EXACTLY what happens when you run things in iframes.

The URL in your browser is completely unrelated to whatever is happening in the iframe. So, yes, you DO have basically two websites.

As long as you run Zen Cart inside an iframe, it will not have any ability to alter the URL of the page outside it nor the URL in your browser.

Plugin Contributions

OK,

I have moved the link out of the iframe and call the shoppping cart on the secure server and it seems to work correctly now.

Could you please do ma a last favor and verify that?

Thanks,

Ed

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Adding a product to the cart and then clicking Checkout switches to SSL as expected while it redirects to the login page.
    Looks like it's working as intended.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast