Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Contact Us form to multiple email adresses

Hi all,

I'm having a problems trying to get the 'Contact Us' page to forward to multiple email adresses.

The staff at the store i'm running the site for don't all work full time and it would be handy if enquiries from the 'Contact Us' went to all the staff on an email list so someone will receive it. At the moment i'm receiveing all the enquiries myself and forwarding the mail as attachments to the 3 staff, which is a PITA.

I've read trough the forums and the general consensus seems to be that i should set up an email forwarder with our host. Unfortunately our host (LCN) does not allow me to set up forwarders to multiple email adresses grrr only one address per forwarder.

Is there any template or script i can modify in order for the mail to be sent to more than one address rather than the address in the 'from' email field? If so can someone pint me in that direction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Contact Us form to multiple email adresses

Configuration >> Email Options >> Set "Contact Us" Email Dropdown List

Set "Contact Us" Email Dropdown List
    On the "Contact Us" Page, set the list of email addresses , in this format: Name 1 <email@address1>, Name 2 <email@address2>

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

No, you misunderstand me...

I don't want to send to a an address from a selection, because the customer would have no idea what member of staff was working that day.

I want the 'Contact Us' form to send to multiple addresses at the same time

ie.

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

All receive the same emails from the contact us form.

Plugin Contributions

Then you will need to set up a list email address with your webhost or email provider.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

... but as i said in my original post, our host (LCN) does not allow us to do that! We can only specify one address to forward to per forwarder

That's why i'm asking if there is a script or template that can be modified to send to multiple adresses.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Dean View Post
    Hi all,

Unfortunately our host (LCN) does not allow me to set up forwarders to multiple email adresses grrr only one address per forwarder.
    As you found out, you can't do this within Zencart.

The best advice I can offer is to find a new host. Web hosting is so competitive these days, there's no good reason to tolerate that kind of stupid restriction.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, the client took out a two year contract on the hosting though unfortunately

The only way round it i can think of is to send it all to one address and have all the staff's email clients download the mail from the same mailbox but set the email client to not delete it from the mailbox so they all get a copy. It means i still have to periodically empty the mailbox though, i was trying to set it up so it required no intervention from me. Ho-Hum!

Plugin Contributions

LCN are just about the most useless organisation (with a possible exception of GoDaddy and 1&1).

Get your site hosted where people know what they are doing.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

If you have control of the MX you can switch to Google Aps (free) and then have the mail options you need.

~Melanie

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    LCN are just about the most useless organisation (with a possible exception of GoDaddy and 1&1).

Get your site hosted where people know what they are doing.
    Yeah i agree, i have ran into a few problems with LCN, i didn't set up the hosting though unfortunatley, it was my client. My choice would be to have put it on a WHM/Plesk VPS, i have a few sites hosted on a Memset VPS, and have no issues at all with it, does everything i need. The plus side to this is it would give us more payment gateway options too as we could install an SSL certificate for the domain.

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    If you have control of the MX you can switch to Google Aps (free) and then have the mail options you need.

~Melanie
    Alas no, no access to the DNS records from LCN either

I think i'm just gonna have to go with the 'Leave Copy on Server' in the staff's email clients on this...

Cheers for your help anyway folks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast