Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Royal Mail Basic UK Shipping Modules

Hi,

Does not work with 1.5

Thanks for the mod though..
    This is my Signature: w00t

Plugin Contributions

Sorry tested it on a test site and didnt edit the tare. It seems to work fine. Thanks looks very nice!
    Last edited by panelcart; 30 Oct 2011 at 12:06 AM.
    This is my Signature: w00t

Plugin Contributions

Yup, The tare settings trap more people than any other :)

Some minor updates/changes/fixes have been uploaded to the free software area. Should be available in the next couple of days.

Plugin Contributions

hi i've installed Royal Mail Basic UK Shipping Modules and have configured zone 1 post codes. my problem is i get The delivery/shipping fee cannot be determined at this time in the delivery section of the check out pages the total is correct as i want to provide freeshipping for orders over a certain amount and charge delivery for under that amount. as distance get further away the amount to be ordered to get freedelivery will increase so i cant use the free delivery option in the admin panel. how do i delete this warning to stop customers seeing it?
    any help would be appreciated.
    I've posted this here as i cant find where to start a new post.

Plugin Contributions

That message usually means that either the weight of the shipment is higher tham the allowed weight of the particular module, or that there is not enough information for the shipping module to determine either where the shop is, or where the goods are being shipped.

You dont' say which of the modules you have installed, or what shipping weight is involved, so it is difficult to know where to advise you to look.
    I would note that the modules do NOT use postcodes, or zones, they use country codes, so the effect of adding such should be nil, or at worst negative.
    Also note that there are two 'freeshipping' modules with very different targetted uses and effects on other modules, including disabling them, so it's best not to install and activate too much simultaneously.

:)

Plugin Contributions

Hi Chuckl,

Thank you for releasing this module!

I was wondering if it was possible to include Royal Mail's Special Next Day Delivery (http://www2.royalmail.com/delivery/b...ery-next-day)?

Also, in the shopping cart you can click to pay via PayPal (Express) and it will take you straight onto the PayPal side without selecting a shipping option, how does this module handle that?

Plugin Contributions

Ashley, The Royal Mail Special Next Day as in rmspecial.php is already the Royal Mail Special Next Day delivery module. There are a couple of problems with that statement -

Firstly, the Basic UK mail modules are set up with a default assumption that the user is a small business paying the 'over the counter' rates available at the nearest post office.
    Secondly, That above all else the modules should be easy to install, and 'just work' in a default 'almost right' configuration, suitable for most users. Ease of installation and default config above all else.
    Thirdly, That it should be possible to reasonably easily make changes when the above two assumptions don't hold.

So, if you're using a franking machine or are a registered business customer, the rates are probably not right for you.
    There's a spreadsheet in the Misc folder, enter the rates that ARE right for you, the spreadsheet will produce the configuration string, and paste that into the admin-modules-shipping section for rmspecial.
    Or if you prefer, do them on a piece of paper, edit to suit YOUR rates, and customise to your hearts content.
    If you need all of the special rates options and exceptions - 'Special Saturday guaranteed' and so on, Sorry, can't help you, this is not the package to use, without some major custom configuration.

Regards,

Chuck

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, forgot the second bit -

The shipping modules do not play any 'active' part in the checkout or any other process. When instantiated and queried/triggered by core Zen Cart routines, and provided with an 'order' with a weight and perhaps a 'ship to' location, they attempt to return a 'cost of shipping' to the core routine.

As such, the use or otherwise of Paypal Express or any other payment system is not something that can be set or influenced by a shipping module, or the code therein.

You could try reading this perhaps?

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156951

Plugin Contributions

Thanks a lot Chuckl, we do operate the basic rates from the PO and would also take advantage of the Special Saturday Guaranteed option if available but not necessary. Currently we are just using the stock zencart shipping module zone-based. Thanks for referring me to that other thread too, shall dive into this further when I have time!

EDIT: Okay that wasn't long to read at all lol, looks like I was confused regarding the checkout process with PayPal Express and this should still work?? Will have to test :)

Plugin Contributions

Hello. Thanks for releasing this module. I'm currently using Zone table mod since I want a rate for GB and another for EU countries. This has worked perfectly so far however I want to add your 1st & 2nd class Recorded in conjunction with my current mod. I've installed the ones I wanted but the only one showed on my dummy order is my old Zone Table. When I turned off my Zone Table and turned your modules on, the shopping option didn't work i.e. "Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time. Please contact us for alternate arrangements." Not sure how to fix this. Can you help please?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast