Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Royal Mail Basic UK Shipping Modules

Hi Chuck

Thanks for the info - I did spent quite a while searching for the brackets using the dev tool but I used .') instead of ')' Dang!

I did have a manual ganders at your shipping files but i think my head must have been shot by then as I missed it completely.

As for Parcelforce I dont normally use them either but with the royal mail changes lasy year I have to cover over 2kg international parcels (which we only ever had 1) but I lost a bit on the delivery so decided to cover that base and adapt your Parcelforce48b just in case.

Thanks once again and have a beer on me.

Cheers
    Brinley

Plugin Contributions

bug Re: Royal Mail Basic UK Shipping Modules

Quote Originally Posted by MeltDown View Post
    OK, here's what I did to force the shipping estimator to display only when logged in: In includes/templates/your_template/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php at around line 180, I changed this:
    PHP Code:
    <?php

break;
          case (
    SHOW_SHIPPING_ESTIMATOR_BUTTON == '2'):
    To this:
    PHP Code:
    <?php

break;
          case (
    $_SESSION['customer_id'] > && SHOW_SHIPPING_ESTIMATOR_BUTTON == '2'):
    My setting in admin/configuration/Shipping/Packaging/Shipping Estimator Display Settings for Shopping Cart is set to option "2".

Also, in define_shopping_cart.php I added the following text:

This looks to be working well. Thanks again for your help!!
    I know it's an old post now but I didn't want to sacrifice the shipping estimator for non-logged-in customers. Instead, I combined the above solution with the original suggestion of using $order->info['total'] instead of $order->info['subtotal'].

'total' works fine when not logged in whereas 'subtotal' is blank.
    However, when logged in, 'total' includes the cost of any selected shipping option while 'subtotal' is correct.

My solution - in the constructor and quote functions:
    PHP Code:
    $order_value $_SESSION['customer_id'] > $order->info['subtotal'] : $order->info['total']; 
    Then substitute $order_value for each reference to $order->info['subtotal'].

It works well for me and my customers and they can see the shipping cost before they log in or create an account.

Plugin Contributions

Oops! I should have mentioned that the changes are to the shipping module itself. I didn't touch the template files.

Plugin Contributions

hi i have installed basic uk mail add on and i cannot get it to work
    all i am getting is this Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time.
    and nothing showing in the Estimate Shipping Costs
    in admin the dot at the side of large letter and small parcels which are set to true are amber not green
    i have searched the forum and i am still non the wiser
    Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

koi koi,

That message translates to your ZC installation saying either 'I have no idea where your store is', or I have no idea where you, as a customer, are'.

Have you entered the required country and postcode info in Admin-Config-Shipping and Packaging, and Config-My Store?

Without these, it is likely that the shipping estimator assumes that you are in the USA, and is thus not able to use Royal Mails Services :)

Normally, until a customer logs in, the software assumes that they are in the same country as the store, but this assumption is usually shown in drop-downs in the shipping estimator, and can be modified by the customer.
    Once a customer logs in, their home address is used as a default, hopefully refining the quote.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Chuck

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckl View Post
    koi koi,

That message translates to your ZC installation saying either 'I have no idea where your store is', or I have no idea where you, as a customer, are'.

Have you entered the required country and postcode info in Admin-Config-Shipping and Packaging, and Config-My Store?

Without these, it is likely that the shipping estimator assumes that you are in the USA, and is thus not able to use Royal Mails Services :)

Normally, until a customer logs in, the software assumes that they are in the same country as the store, but this assumption is usually shown in drop-downs in the shipping estimator, and can be modified by the customer.
    Once a customer logs in, their home address is used as a default, hopefully refining the quote.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Chuck
    Thanks have checked both of these in admin and both are set to uk ?
    Thanks
    anyway

Plugin Contributions

OK,

Then lets work through the options -

Firstly, I forgot to mention, the amber/green indicator has nothing to do with anything to do with your problem. It can safely be ignored.

Have you set a value for the postcode in Shipping and Packaging?

Have you edited/modified the Package Tare in Shipping and Packaging?

What is the product weight of the item whose cost is being estimated?

What is the current/default country shown in the shipping estimator drop-down when you get the 'rate cannot be determined' message?

The fact that you are getting that message means that the weight and value of the shipment should be OK, but it doesn't hurt to check.
    Other than that, it simply loops through the weight/costs table looking for the price for the weight of your item, and the message suggests that it was not able to find one.

If it's only 1 module doing this then check below, otherwise it is a setup/configuration problem.

This could be due to an error during installation, or an error in the price/weight table.
    Check in the Admin-Modules-Shipping for the price/weight table in the module giving you the problem. e.g. in RMFirstLargeLetter, it should look something like this - .1:0.9,.25:1.2,.5:1.6,.75:2.3
    It is simply a list of weight and prices separated by a colon, with the groups separated by a comma - O.1kg costs 90p etc etc
    Check that the colons or commas are not missing or mistyped in the misbehaving module.

Hope that helps,

Chuck

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckl View Post
    OK,

Then lets work through the options -

Firstly, I forgot to mention, the amber/green indicator has nothing to do with anything to do with your problem. It can safely be ignored.

Have you set a value for the postcode in Shipping and Packaging?

Have you edited/modified the Package Tare in Shipping and Packaging?

What is the product weight of the item whose cost is being estimated?

What is the current/default country shown in the shipping estimator drop-down when you get the 'rate cannot be determined' message?

The fact that you are getting that message means that the weight and value of the shipment should be OK, but it doesn't hurt to check.
    Other than that, it simply loops through the weight/costs table looking for the price for the weight of your item, and the message suggests that it was not able to find one.

If it's only 1 module doing this then check below, otherwise it is a setup/configuration problem.

This could be due to an error during installation, or an error in the price/weight table.
    Check in the Admin-Modules-Shipping for the price/weight table in the module giving you the problem. e.g. in RMFirstLargeLetter, it should look something like this - .1:0.9,.25:1.2,.5:1.6,.75:2.3
    It is simply a list of weight and prices separated by a colon, with the groups separated by a comma - O.1kg costs 90p etc etc
    Check that the colons or commas are not missing or mistyped in the misbehaving module.

Hope that helps,

Chuck
    hi i have finally got this to work don't know what i did but think it is now working but one problem now
    when a customer from Ireland not northern southern Ireland the standard postal services shows up shouldent only airmail show up for southern Ireland?
    also it shows Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded () can i not get it to show
    Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded (Great Britain and Northern Ireland only)?
    thanks

Plugin Contributions

Apologies Koi Koi, I didn't get an email alert that you'd posted, and I've been busy with #REALWORLD type things...:)

Eire should indeed only be offered Royal Mail EU rates rather than UK domestic. If you look at the admin settings for first class recorded, valid countries should only be set to GB.

That said, I'm not sure what you mean by 'a customer from Ireland'. Are you saying that the customer is loggen in to the ZC store, and has an address in/country set to Republic of Ireland, or that you have set the shipping estimator to Republic of Ireland for the destination country?

If not, the Zen Cart software has no way of knowing where the customer is based, and will default to the same country as the store settings in admin.

The only other alternative I can think of, is that you have a problem with zone definitions or your Countries table in the database. This should not be the case in a 'vanilla' ZC installation.

Some shipping modules do have a show/hide invalid shipping option to help with faultfinding, but this is not implemented in the Basic UK modules.

Rgds,

Chuck

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617