Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Royal Mail Basic UK Shipping Modules

Well spotted schoolboy, I've never had a free shipping product ever, so tis unlikely I'd have found that. I'll incorporate in the update.

Plugin Contributions

The postal weight is being shown my website screens, however it doesnt appear to follow through to the order or on to the email that goes the customer

What is being shown on the order is Sub-Total: £13.00
    Royal Mail Airmail (): £8.50
    Total: £21.50

But screen shows Royal Mail Airmail (Delivery Weight : 1 package of 0.22 Kg's)

I find it useful for the weight to be on the order form as I work from a printed copy when packing and can check the correct weight has been entered for the product and that the postal rates are correct.

Plugin Contributions

This is unlikely to be a shipping mod issue. It is probably something that is not configured in the Order Total Area. And when I say "not configured" I mean that the developers saw no reason to include it in the OT as a standard feature.

It should be possible to include the data, but I wouldn't know what files are involved.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

toyseller, the shipping routines only do calculations - i.e. the main Zen Cart code calls the installed shipping modules and in effect says - 'This address, this weight; give me a price if you can.'
    Any use or display of that information is done by by other code, and is nothing to do with the shipping modules. I would suspect the template display code for the checkout process, but that's a wild guess.

Plugin Contributions

I think it is an issue with the Basic Mail routines because ... I had until the Royal Mail price changes been using the Big Royal Mail Airmail equivalent to calculate Airmail prices and this did display the weight on the order form.

Both add-ons mean copying up 2 files per type of postage to the same directories, this is why I think it is something that is catered for in Big Royal Mail Airmail's routine that isnt done in Basic Mail. I thought that the routines supply the wording that goes into the order form (the wording differs and that is reflected on the order form according to whichever routine I activate). I just thought that Basic Mail hadnt incorporated displaying the weight within the wording.

I had to cater for the World Zones 1 & 2 for the RM postal changes and with a knowledge of older programming languages I could see how to add an extra zone to Basic Mail, but couldnt see how to do this in Big Royal Mail as the coding isnt so easy. I feel a bit stuck between the 2 routines now. It might be better to go back to the Big Royal Mail routine as it gives wording I want, but I cant see how to create a 3rd zone.

Plugin Contributions

Is there an ETA for an update to this plugin to reflect the 2012 changes?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I'm debugging at the moment, should have a testable release candidate over the weekend.

Plugin Contributions

If you require any help testing I am taking this postal change as a chance to also update to V1.5. My postal requirements vary between 75g small packet through to 20Kg+ with both UK and rest of the world destinations. As part of my own testing I will be putting a lot of varied orders through so its no problem to include your plugin as part of my own testing.

Plugin Contributions

Indeed, that's the general idea, I was just getting it to the stage where it will actually install, and not kill the shop :)

It's been uploaded to the addons/plugins section here, and will presumably appear within a couple of days.

Otherwise grab at accompaniments dot co dot uk slash pub slash BasicUKMail.zip case sensitive. The server is fairly elderly and temperamental, but should be up most of them time.

Rgds,

Chuck

Plugin Contributions

Hi Chuck, Thank you for your mod. It's working fine on my shop. But I have got a problem when I try to translate the language file from english to chinese. It shows random charts. "�̶��˷� �̶��˷�"

Can you help me please, I have no idear where went wrong.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast