Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal account authentication settings are not yet set up

I have installed paypal express on zen cart 1.3.9.

When I click on the paypal button, I get this error message.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. The PayPal account authentication settings are not yet set up, or the API security information is incorrect. We are unable to complete your transaction. Please notify the store owner so they can correct this problem. (10002) 10002 Security error - Security header is not valid

I have read the help me files but have not anything on authentication settings.

I have tripled checked the API settings(user name, password, api password, signature, etc..) and they are correct.

I'm not sure what the authentication settings are?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal account authentication settings are not yet set up

Ok, I figured it out.
    I had to unistall the paypal module and reinstall it with the correct API settings.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for taking the time to follow up with your solution.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same problem but do not really understand how did you solve the problem.

I enter the correct user name, password, and signature. Could you provide more detail of your solution?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You must enter the correct API details, exactly as PayPal gives them to you.
    And, use the Live site. Don't bother with sandbox.
    Instructions here: www.zen-cart.com/getpaypal

If you're 1000% certain you've done that exactly, the report back with the EXACT error message YOU are getting.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am having the exact same issue as the original poster along with the exact same message of "We are sorry for the inconvenience. The PayPal account authentication settings are not yet set up, or the API security information is incorrect. We are unable to complete your transaction. Please notify the store owner so they can correct this problem. (10002) 10002 Security error - Security header is not valid".

I've checked, checked and triple checked everything, to no avail.

zen version 1.5.4
    paypal express module.
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times.

I've cut and paste and also manually input the api signature user name, password and code multiple times. I've checked these against the paypal setup but in fact have cut and paste them directly multiple times to no avail.
    setup is live, not sandbox.
    Ive enabled IPN and used the url specified in the zen module.
    still getting the error, cannot figure out why at this point it is acting like it is the wrong ipn credentials.

Plugin Contributions

There is some other pertinent information missing from the posting tips (information appearing above the text box when selecting reply to this message:
    Has your site been upgraded? When? From what version(s)?
    If you've upgraded, HOW did you upgrade? (official upgrade procedure or an automated script from your hosting company?)
    What plugins/addons have you installed? When? If your problems are payment-related, what payment module(s) are you using? If it's shipping-related, which shipping module(s) are you using?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

This is a new, manual installation (not a "one-click" install such as provided by a hosting company). No plugins or addons have been installed. The only payment module activated is the one with the issue, paypal express which is why I am surprised it is not working right out of the gate considering I have meticulously made certain the api credentials are exactly as provided by paypal.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. Turn on PayPal Debug Logging ... http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Logging-PayPal
    2. Attempt to pay with PayPal, so that it triggers the error.
    3. Look in the /logs folder to get the PayPal debug CURL log that was generated. Be sure that it shows the error in the Response section
    4. Report the error to PayPal via www.paypal.com/mts and include the text from that log file.

The PayPal technicians can look into their details using the transaction-attempt info from that log along with your account credentials as contained in the log, to determine what may be wrong with your account on their end.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks everyone for the response. I appreciate the attention given sorry for wasting anyones time.
    The solution has been found and once again proves the adage that 98% of all computer problems are operator related. After going round and round (the client swore they cut and pasted the credentials directly from Paypal - TWICE) I finally had them send me a screenshot of the credential page in paypal. the api signature given to me was along the lines of xxxx_api.something.com. And it really did look like a cut and paste to me. However, when I got the screenshot the api signature was xxxx_api1.something.com. Note a numeral 1 magically appeared. Now it works of course having the right credentials. In the future I might require a screenshot. Lesson learned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast