Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Error 10413 & Gift Certificates

Zencart Version: 1.3.9
    No recent upgrades

I have looked in the FAQ area and forum but cannot find an answer specific to my 10413/other errors. Help would be appreciated.

When on checkout page (using zencart & paypal express), if I apply a gift certificate less than the actual product/item amount = all works fine.

As per above, if I apply a gift certificate that is of equal value to the product/item amount = I get the 10413 order total error.

As per above, if I apply a gift certificate that is of higher value to the product/item amount = It goes through BUT on the paypal page on the left it does not break down any details, just shows a total amount.

I have tax enabled on both product and shipping
    I have free shipping enabled on gift certificates only

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Error 10413 & Gift Certificates

Without seeing the logs from the transaction, it's difficult to know for sure what exactly is causing it, but it's most likely a rounding or calculation issue caused by the discounts combined with taxes and specials. It might even also be connected to having various order-total modules disabled.

The rounding issues have been addressed in v1.5.0 (there's a beta version available for *testing*), and so the problem should be resolved there.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I do have some log files, where should I put these for someone to check?

As for Order Total Modules the only ones not enabled are:
    COD Fee, Discount Coupon, Low Order Fee

I can run a test on the 3 transactions again and give you the log files for each if that would help?

Plugin Contributions

I am attaching the log files per the 3 points above
    Last edited by DrByte; 5 Oct 2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: removed attachment for privacy

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gandalfsmith View Post
    I am attaching the log files per the 3 points above
    In the case of redeeming GV greater than product amount, try making the following change to /includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php:
    around line 1334 remove the code highlighted in red on the start of these lines where shown,
    and for GV being the same as the product amount, add the = sign as shown:
    Code:
        if (strval($optionsST['ITEMAMT']) <= 0) {
          $pre = (array_merge($optionsST, $optionsLI));      $optionsLI = array();
          $optionsST['ITEMAMT'] = $optionsST['AMT'];
          if ($optionsST['AMT'] < $optionsST['TAXAMT']) $optionsST['TAXAMT'] = 0;
          if ($optionsST['AMT'] < $optionsST['SHIPPINGAMT']) $optionsST['SHIPPINGAMT'] = 0;
          $discountProblemsFlag = TRUE;

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Oh. You're referring to the *purchase* of Gift Certificates. I had that confused with using Gift Certificates to *pay* for a purchase.
    But those are completely unrelated issues.
    I do mean using gift certificates to "pay" for purchases. Or part pay. I.E. total is $80, product is $55. So if I put in a gift voucher to part pay for the order and the value is less than $55 it works.

If I put in a gift voucher amount of $55 to part pay it comes up with the 10413 error.

If I put in a gift voucher amount higher than $55, it goes through but on the paypal page it does not itemise anything - just gives a total.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, I understand that. When you talked about free shipping on gift certificates, that has NOTHING to do with the PayPal problem, right?

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I understand that. When you talked about free shipping on gift certificates, that has NOTHING to do with the PayPal problem, right?
    Correct. I just added that in there as extra information.

Plugin Contributions

In the case of redeeming GV greater than product amount, try making the following change to /includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php:
    Thanks did that and this is what it fixed
    1. If I put in the GV amount as same as product amount [I no longer get the 14013 error] thanks for that.

However [see attached]
    still not working correctly on the paypal part i.e. bringing in the correct details
    1. if GV amount is higher than product amount - just gives total in paypal
    2. if GV amount is same as product amount - just gives total in paypal
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, that's exactly what I expected it to do. The customer will see their complete order information in your store, in their My Account History, and in the order confirmation email they receive from your store. On the PayPal end, they'll simply see that they paid a certain "leftover amount" in their purchase ... again, the details are available in 3 other places, and not needed on the Paypal side.

PayPal won't allow the "product subtotal" to be less than 0. So, we can't submit an $80 GV against a $55 item and expect it to work, regardless whether the GV also covers shipping and taxes separately.

Doing it any other way gets VERY complicated, and is way beyond the scope of a simple quick "patch" of "change this line of code here". However, if you wish to tackle it yourself, you're certainly welcome to customize the code however you like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast