Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal IPN and eChecks

I'm running zen cart 1.3.9 and PayPal Website Payments Standard - IPN. When we get cleared eChecks there is no way to find out what the customer originally ordered. I have searched the support forums but there is nothing about this issue for the more recent versions of zen cart. Can anyone help with this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal IPN and eChecks

I don't know about echecks, but the advice you'll get from most here is to switch to Paypal Express, which is more stable and doesn't rely as much on a connection between Paypal and your server. Your customers' experience will be the same.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Using the latest version, I've been testing echeck functionality, and it all appears to be fine, as long as IPN communications are working properly between PayPal's server and *your* server.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I am having the same problem. I have a new install of zencart 1.3.9h with stock by attribute addon. I am using authorizenet and paypal standard IPN. I received an order from a customer thru paypal but it was an echeck.
    I did not receive anything from zencart to notify me of the sale and there is nothing in admin to show the sale. I received a paypal notification that I received an echeck and that is how I found out about the sale. i had to get in touch with the customer to find out about the sale details. Can any one help me please?
    Authorizenet and regular payapl transactions are fine, it is only paypal echecks that are an issue for me.