Thread: 1.38a - Query

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default 1.38a - Query

Version 1.38a - No addons
    Patch 1
    PHP Version 5.2.17

I have recently encountered the following error - after - 1 year of successful - use of this version. I have made no changes to make this happen.

When a customer - goes through with the payment and is returned from paypal back to my website ipn_main_handler.php - shows a blank page - however - if the customer refreshes the page they are shown the next step and they complete the sale.

I usually know that a customer has come through and then stopped - as I have a new customer - but no order.

Please note - that if a customer is already registered with us - and they make a purchase they are not presented with this issue - all works straight through. We also found that the customers - who stopped - and then tried again also went straight through without any issues.

Parallel site - 1.39h - installed.

So I then decided to install 1.39h and run this in parallel - and - just move off the 1.38a version. So I did all the correct things and imported all of my data to the new database and made sure that all was there. It all seemed fine. When I went to do my test - on the new site - I found that I was receiving a blank page - when the customer - selected to make payment - again ipn_main_handler - but this time - they were not taken to the PayPal site.

(where as in version 1.38a - they were sent to the PayPal site and back again and then blank - until they hit REFRESH on their browser.)

No matter - if I did a refresh or not - no PayPal site - was called up.

So I have reverted back to the old site 1.38a in the hope that someone can shed some light on the issue.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.38a - Query

When upgrading, it is a good idea to go to each of the Modules for Payment, Shipping and Order Totals and save the settings to NotePad, then do a REMOVE, INSTALL and re-configure ...

Try this first ... then, if you still get errors, look in the /cache directory for debug logs ... https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

In relation to version 1.38a

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have found - with the version 1.38a - that it actually intermittenly does work. I, personally cannot get it to work - without having to do a refresh, however we have had sales come through - from some customers - without any issues - and some that have had the same problem. I am just wondering if it is at all related to my install, or something related to their environment - browser, ISP etc? As it now seems to be an issue based on the customer environment.

In relation to version 1.39h

YES - tonight I will be bringing the site down and calling up the new version and all connections back to PayPal from the new site and testing - as suggested above. Will submit my results.

Plugin Contributions

I have been stumped on this issue - for quite some time now. I have tried to enable debugging mode and I am not getting any files being created for me to see the issue.

I have reverted back to 1.38a - as it seems to be the most stable for me. For some customers - online purchasing is not an issue - it JUST works.
    For others - they receive blank pages. However - should they refresh the screen at the BLANK page - it works - and takes them to the CONFIRMATION Page.

I am able to make this error - happen over and over again - however I am not able to produce an ERROR log file - to understand why.

I have even launched now - 1.39h - and have populated the database. With this version I am receiving a BLANK page - at the ip_mainhandler - that is - when you select PayPal Checkout.
    I have removed and re-configured the Module - and I am not able to get to the PayPal screen - with the 1.39h version. Refreshing the page does not do anything.
    Error logging on this version - also does not work - for me to see the errors. That is - no file is produced.

Anyone with advise and assistance - would be appreciated.

Regards

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Error logging and debug logging will not work if the folder in which the log files are to be placed isn't writable.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

As for your alleged problem, please walk me through the EXACT steps I need to follow on MY site ( a brand new fresh clean install of v1.3.9h ) to consistently recreate the problem you are encountering. Pretend I know nothing, and take me thru all the steps. Yes, it would help if you were to actually do those same steps one by one as you document them, so that you don't leave anything out.

As it stands now I can't replicate your problem with any settings alterations or with demo data or on any live sites I've seen. So it seems to be unique to yours.

Who's your host? What's your URL?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by konmanos
    Dr.Byte - the following was done in the - Upgrading from 1.38 to 1.39

- Downloaded the latest 1.39h and unpacked it on my computer – rather than using the cPanel version of installation on the host.
    - Created a new instance of the database for the 1.39h version
    - FTPd to the location of domain.com/shop139h and ran the zc_install script to configure the environment and populate the new database
    - Connected to my 1.38a database using cPanel and performed a backup – saved locally
    - Connected to the new database 1.39h and dropped the tables and all data
    - Imported from backup of 1.38a – to the new database
    - New data all appears to be in new database
    - Ran zc_install and performed an u/grade of database
    - Copied across the modified zencart look and feel templates and checked that the site shop139h – is all up and running.
    - Chmod the configure.php files to 777
    - Removed the paypal module and re-installed it using zencart admin interface.
    - Reconfigured the paypal website so that all of the links now correspond to the new site shop139h
    - Looked and searched via zencart- 1.39h admin for database – and orders – all there as in 1.38a
    - Ran a test of purchase and found that the new version would not redirect to the payPal site for taking the order – blank page.

What happens if you attempt to access the ipn_main_handler.php file directly from your browser, with no parameters?
    It should generate some output to the screen.
    And if you've got IPN Debug Logging enabled in your ZC admin PayPal module settings, then it will also generate some logs in the /includes/modules/payment/paypal/logs/ folder. And if a blank page is shown then it should also generate logs in the /cache/ folder.

Plugin Contributions

I have decided to migrate to the latest version of 1.5.0.

I have performed all the relevant path updates/dbase updates and am able to see all of my products and users etc - including customisations etc - without any issues.

What I am now getting is a Blank Page - when you - select to make an order. i.e

ipn_mainhandler.php?type=ec
    - and it does not go to the PayPal screen...

I have tried and followed the debugging log process and am not able to get any log files created. Session file/s are being located in the CACHE folder - but no debug files.. I am really stuck... HELP