Version 1.38a - No addons
Patch 1
PHP Version 5.2.17

I have recently encountered the following error - after - 1 year of successful - use of this version. I have made no changes to make this happen.

When a customer - goes through with the payment and is returned from paypal back to my website ipn_main_handler.php - shows a blank page - however - if the customer refreshes the page they are shown the next step and they complete the sale.

I usually know that a customer has come through and then stopped - as I have a new customer - but no order.

Please note - that if a customer is already registered with us - and they make a purchase they are not presented with this issue - all works straight through. We also found that the customers - who stopped - and then tried again also went straight through without any issues.

Parallel site - 1.39h - installed.

So I then decided to install 1.39h and run this in parallel - and - just move off the 1.38a version. So I did all the correct things and imported all of my data to the new database and made sure that all was there. It all seemed fine. When I went to do my test - on the new site - I found that I was receiving a blank page - when the customer - selected to make payment - again ipn_main_handler - but this time - they were not taken to the PayPal site.

(where as in version 1.38a - they were sent to the PayPal site and back again and then blank - until they hit REFRESH on their browser.)

No matter - if I did a refresh or not - no PayPal site - was called up.

So I have reverted back to the old site 1.38a in the hope that someone can shed some light on the issue.