Plugin Contributions

Default products added to cart with regular not sale price

We installed Stock by attribute combined_master (SBA 1,5,4) last month. Everything was working fine. We put two categories of clothes onsale using sale maker. They display properly on the product page with the regular price lined through and sale price in red. Now the problem. When the items is added to the cart, the regular price is used not the sale price. I have searched the forum and looked at many possibilities but none actually fit the problem. We use the price by attribute to keep track of inventory of the different sizes of a product. The different sizes are not priced different.
    We are also using the "SBA Select List (dropdown) basic, not radio buttons. We don't add or subtract anything to the price because of the attribute so in the code I commented out the part about (+0.00). We only use it to track inventory.
    Can anyone tell me either what setting is wrong or if I need to modify code, point me in the right direction?
    One more thing. On any given product there is only one attribute, either size or color but never both.
    Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: products added to cart with regular not sale price

Would actually suggest that the differences in this post be added to the other one related to SBA. It may require a code change, but if so it is something that should be applied to everyone, not just your store most likely.

Once the product is shown on the cart, is the attribute presented as well? Or just the main product?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Haven't tried on a ZC 1.5.3/1.5.4 site again yet, but just tried this on a ZC 1.5.5 site and
    1) when a sale was applied to a product, the product info page showed the sale.
    2) adding the product to the cart, the cart reflected the sale price.
    There are/were code differences in the includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart/header_php.php file in the different versions, but the display of the product prices appeared correctly when a salemaker sale was applied.

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

I think I have figured out, if not the problem, at least how to fix it. In the instructions for the stock by attribute, Yes was supposed to be checked in the Product priced by attribute in the product page. We did this to all products. Possibly because we are not adding or subtracting prices for attributes this is unnecessary. When I mark the product priced by attribute NO on the product page, the correct sale amount is placed into the cart.
    I apologize for posting this in the wrong spot. The stock by attribute add on module was very confusing with all the different version and locations for download.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca_L View Post
    I think I have figured out, if not the problem, at least how to fix it. In the instructions for the stock by attribute, Yes was supposed to be checked in the Product priced by attribute in the product page. We did this to all products. Possibly because we are not adding or subtracting prices for attributes this is unnecessary. When I mark the product priced by attribute NO on the product page, the correct sale amount is placed into the cart.
    I apologize for posting this in the wrong spot. The stock by attribute add on module was very confusing with all the different version and locations for download.
    No problem. I would like to point out that the ZC system responds the same way without SBA in those conditions, so this is not something caused by SBA, it just isn't corrected by it. I'm a little surprised that when a product is marked priced by attributes and the attributes are marked to allow discounts to be applied that the discount isn't applied in the cart, but that is what it does.

As far as the instructions go, I wouldn't expect this aspect to necessarily be discussed as SBA doesn't modify this aspect of product usage. As far as the multiple links, we'll, things change over time. Potteryhouse had a great start out the door with reworking this plugin, and pretty much got stock by attributes operational for single attributes, but there has also been a demand for stock by multiple attributes and that wasn't something his line of business needed. Fortunately though with the feedback from users such as urself, areas have been identified (and addressed) based on comment.

All-in-all, glad you found the issue you were having to also have a solution even if it wasn't related to SBA.