Threaded View

Plugin Contributions

Default Installation of Numinix Google Merchant v12.5 on Zen Cart 1.5

I include here the steps I have used to get v12.5 working on my 1.5 upgrade. I take no responsibility for you buggering up your LOCAL DEVELOPMENT SERVER while testing this.
    While this works for me, this does not imply the code is PCI-compliant (I doubt it), that’s for Numinix and the more knowledgeable folk to comment on.

[FONT=Calibri]1) [/FONT]DO NOT TEST THIS ON A PRODUCTION SERVER - as if you need to be told!
    [FONT=Calibri]2) [/FONT]The file admin/includes/boxes/extra_boxes/googlefroogle_tools_dhtml.php is obsolete and should be deleted or rename it to googlefroogle_tools_dhtml.hidephp until you are confident all is well.
    [FONT=Calibri]3) [/FONT]Open admin/includes/extra_datafiles/googlefroogle.php
    Add this line:
    define('BOX_CONFIGURATION_GOOGLEMERCHANTFEED', 'Google Merchant Center Feeder');//moved from _dhtml.php for 1.5
    [FONT=Calibri]4) [/FONT]Go into phpmyadmin and Backup the database
    [FONT=Calibri]5) [/FONT]Ensure you have carried out step 4)!
    [FONT=Calibri]6) [/FONT]The problems I had all stemmed from things not being uninstalled properly and then not installing completely which became a vicious circle.
    I recommend that you first use the uninstall_for_1_5.sql to try and remove all traces of the module:
    PHP Code:
    #Google Merchant Center FEEDER uninstall 1.12.5 for 1.5

# BOF remove old Google Merchant Feeder configurations
    SELECT (@googlemerchantcenterfeederid:=configuration_group_id)
    FROM configuration_group
    WHERE configuration_group_title
    ='Google Merchant Center Feeder Configuration';
    DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id=@googlemerchantcenterfeederid;
    DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_id=@googlemerchantcenterfeederid;
    DELETE FROM admin_pages WHERE page_key='configGoogleMerchantFeed';
    DELETE FROM admin_pages WHERE page_key='toolsGoogleMerchantFeed';

# EOF remove old Google Merchant Center Feeder Configuration 
    Then manually search for any references to google in phpmyadmin and check there are no entries left in the configuration or configuration group tables that are duplicated in the install_1_5.sql

[FONT=Calibri]7) [/FONT]Run the install in phpmyadmin->SQL (it gives errors if run from within the zen cart admin).

EDIT:I'll post the install file shortly, I posted a customised version here by mistake!

If you get errors about duplicate entries you did not clear out all the entries as described in 3). Note the name of the duplicates, run the uninstall again and check for this duplicate.

If all went well you should have the two menu options displaying as before.
    Last edited by torvista; 18 Jan 2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: idiocy
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...