Default How to copy HTML / Add To Cart to an existing web site?

Hi
    I have an existing web site that uses Pay Pals 'Add To Cart' buttons. I can edit these buttons using Dreamweaver, however, the Pay Pal Add To Cart is somewhat limiting, not allowing you to use dropdown menus such as size and colour etc, unless you log on to Pay Pal edit a unique button and copy the HTML button, then paste it into your own web site ... the problem with this is that if you want to edit this Add To Cart button (i.e. price, sizes, colours etc, you have to do it via the Pay Pal web site, which is extremely time consuming and frustrating especially if you have lots of items to change. i joined Zen Cart because the Pay Pal Customer Services team suggested that another cart system would allow me to do this.
    My question therefore is how do I find the Zen Carts HTML for this function?
    Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to copy HTML / Add To Cart to an existing web site

My guess is that the Paypal rep was suggesting that you retire your current site and create your store in Zencart. Then you'll have all the button styling and replacement options you'll nned.

Zencart doesn't use (doesn't need) Paypal's Add to Cart buttons, so there is no code to adapt to your site.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to copy HTML / Add To Cart to an existing web site

Right. Zen Cart *is* the shopping cart, and when the customer chooses to checkout, Zen Cart takes care of the process of taking the customer to PayPal at the right time. No need to add buttons from PayPal to do it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to copy HTML / Add To Cart to an existing web site?

Quote Originally Posted by shark-mark View Post
    Hi
    I have an existing web site that uses Pay Pals 'Add To Cart' buttons. ... how do I find the Zen Carts HTML for this function?
    Cheers!
    Your current site is a FLAT HTML site. You will have to "abandon" it, and re-construct everything in zencart.

I took a look at your site, and it will be very easy to re-construct it in the zencart system.

Bear in mind that zencart (like all sophisticated eCommerce systems), does not work on the principle of FLAT HTML pages.

Pages are BUILT on-the-fly, by PHP code. There are no "pages" in zencart. There are FUNCTIONS and RESOURCES. Depending on what the viewer wants the site to do, content is ASSEMBLED, put into html, and then sent to that viewer's browser.

When they click a link, or an action button, the "page" they are on disappears forever... It vanishes... and the system sets about building a new set of content for them.
    20 years a Zencart User

Default Re: How to copy HTML / Add To Cart to an existing web site?

Thank you all for your comments. i need to do some thinking!