Plugin Contributions

Default Demo shop data in addition to 'test shop'

I have now been through the installation tutorial and have the demo shop installed and running. I'm happy just to have got this far.

I am looking around the demo data and just trying to get my head around it all, but what I really want to do, and what the tutorial suggests, is to install another 'working shop' and start building that up whilst referring back to the demo shop when I get stuck.

Could somebody briefly explain how I install this additional shop? Is it a matter of creating another database with my host and then creating another subdirectory for the working shop ('workingshop' for example) and copying all the Zen Cart files into there and running through it all again? My guess is that it is, but I wanted to be sure before I set up this additional database.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Demo shop data in addition to 'test shop'

You would create another separate Zencart installation, with its own database, in a subdirectory. Once you've figured everything out, you can delete the demo Zencart files and move the other installation to the root of your domain:

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=122

It's also an excellent idea. If everyone did the same, we'd have a lot less to do here .

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Demo shop data in addition to 'test shop'

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=122

It's also an excellent idea. If everyone did the same, we'd have a lot less to do here .
    Thanks for the link. I think it will be a good while yet before I am ready to go live though! ;-)