application error No order confirmation e-mail to customers, but I get the admin copy

Hi, can anyone help please. I looked through the forum and googled it but could find a solution.

Zencart doesn't send order confirmation e-mails to customers. It does send confirmation to me. And I can send e-mails to customers through admin panel. But after an order customer gets an e-mail from paypal but not from zencart.

I use Paypal Express Checkout. 1.3.9h. Godaddy. Linux.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No order confirmation e-mail to customers, but I get the admin copy

What eMail transport are you using in configuration/email options? Godaddy has what can be charitably described as a screwy way of handling SMTP, so if that's what you're using perhaps that's causing the problem.

Thanks for you answer, RescoCCC!

I'm using SMTP.
    The thing is mail gets delivered. If I send it through admin panel, and confirmation of payment gets delivered to me (not to the customer). Maybe some of my settings aren't correct.

Please have a look at my mail settings.
    http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/970...10at183010.png

There probably should be something like $Customer in the
    "Send Copy of Order Confirmation Emails To" field

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tedb View Post
    There probably should be something like $Customer in the
    "Send Copy of Order Confirmation Emails To" field
    No, there's no need for that.
    Zen Cart FIRST sends the confirmation email to the email address supplied by the customer.
    Then, once that's successfully sent, it will send another separate ADDITIONAL email to the "send copy of order confirmation emails" recipients.

If you're receiving the "send copy of" emails, that means Zen Cart sent BOTH emails. Thus, the problem is not in Zen Cart.

So, if one of those is not being received, then that means your webserver, or another server involved in delivering the email, has lost it or rejected it. You'll need to get help from the server administrators to determine why the email is being rejected or lost.

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Email_Problems
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Of_Lost_Emails

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    No, there's no need for that.
    Zen Cart FIRST sends the confirmation email to the email address supplied by the customer.
    Then, once that's successfully sent, it will send another separate ADDITIONAL email to the "send copy of order confirmation emails" recipients.
    Is there anyway of changing that order?. I often have customers sign up, put in their email address wrong, order something, then neither of us receive the order email because of their typing error..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dgent View Post
    Is there anyway of changing that order?. I often have customers sign up, put in their email address wrong, order something, then neither of us receive the order email because of their typing error..
    You could add this mod:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=204