Plugin Contributions

Default Downloadable Free Pdf files--How?

Sorry, dumb nube question again.
    I have the Zin Book but can find very little on how to set up for downloadable PDF files.

If someone could help that would be great. I need a sub-directory under Documents that says "Care Sheets" which would contain each of the care sheets in PDF format that will simply open up in Adobe Reader for the customer to print or save. No real download needed.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Downloadable Free Pdf files--How?

OK, so I managed to put a document (pdf) in the documents side box with a link to that PDF file located in my documents folder on my website. I typed a simple text line that says, "Here is the file click here", where HERE is hyper-linked to the document on my website. All would work good except that when I type the link in the hyper-link dialog box, for some reason it puts double links to my site like so; http://www.bonsaitoolchest.com/test/...ea-Satsuki.pdf
    What gives??

This is my site www.bonsaitoolchest.com

Plugin Contributions

HUmmm!!
    Notice the first link above does the same thing? Whenever I hyperlink to anything, it puts it in the browser box twice. I know it probably has something to do with this being a test site and not live.

Help!!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That's just how webpages/browsers work.
    You're using the wrong format for the URL. Don't put the domain name without using "http://", or don't mention the domain name at all.

Either use "/test/filename.pdf"
    or "http://www.domainname.com/test/filename.pdf"

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrByte,
    I tried that and things work great. I have used web links before but never run into this situation. I hope I remember that when I go live and start putting in all 50 care sheets.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Remember, if you don't need separate "care sheets" for *each* product, you could easily have just one page with 50 links on it to corresponding files.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I hope that is what I am doing by putting them in a sub-directory of the documents directory. It will show a page with individual care sheets that you just click on and download. I also would like to be able to link them to the product (individual bonsai tree) that they represent. that way if you are on the product page for a bonsai tree, you will see a link to the care sheet for that tree. So far it is working I just need to figure out the linking.