Plugin Contributions

Default IPv6 and Payments Pro

Hi,
    I have an IPv6 enabled website and I am beta testing v1.50rc2. I am attempting to setup Website Payment Pro which I am not using on my production site. I have things setup the way I think they should be to use Paypal Sandbox. I have been getting the following error when trying to complete payment.

Zen Cart message: 10747 [] Invalid Data - This transaction cannot be processed.

This Paypal error translates to "The merchant entered an IP address that was in an invalid format. The IP address must be in a format such as 123.456.123.456."

Looking at the debug logs from the Paypal module the IP address that is sent is as follows: [IPADDRESS] => 200147016321835143 which corresponds to my client IPv6 address (in decimal format maybe) Any way we can force Zencart to send the IPv4 address without disabling IPv6 all together. I realize the client PC isn`t connecting via IPv4 so Zencart is probably not aware of an IPv4 address. Also, that IP Address isn`t in correct IPv6 format, is that something that needs to be corrected in the Zencart moduleÉ

Or do I just have to bite the bullett and turn off IPv6.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: IPv6 and Payments Pro

As you're no doubt aware, IPv6 isn't widely embraced yet, including by the big players such as PayPal.

You'll need to turn off IPv6 until such time as it's embraced significantly enough that it's useful.

Meanwhile, feel free to lobby your request directly to PayPal.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I figured as much. Paypal making life difficult again. In the meantime, is there something that needs to be adjusted in the ZC module to make the IPv6 address appear in it`s correct HEX formÉ For future supportÉ

Thanks for quick reply!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The required changes will be made at such time as IPv6 is incorporated into the core functionality at a future date.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.