Hi there, I'm not a complete newb and I've done this before, indeed I've done today with another site but with this one particular one, I have problems.

I'm trying to get a copy of my website off the server and onto my localhost so I can do a bit of testing. Go through the process as usual, install same version, then copy over files minus the configure.php's.

Install works fine but when I copy over the files I just get a blank page for my homepage. I've tried winmerging and copying over files which don't match one by one, but this breaks other things and I'm not really sure what's going on.

I'm using 1.3.7 (I know) and it's got a few mods including one of the seo url ones. I've tried copying over everything minus .htaccess files as well btw.

For hours and hours I've copied, pasted, downloaded, re-copied, more pasting, more fiddling and even changed my xampp installation back several versions several times.

Can't get it to work. Can't figure out what might be wrong either.

Anyone got any ideas? I'll go off and try to answer some questions for ppl in the hope someone can help me in this thread :)