Plugin Contributions

Default strange styling problem - help needed

So I was just going along entering items to get the site up. (and there is going to be about 1500 items or so). Anyways, I noticed after checking a few that they weren't lining up correctly in the page where the items under the specific category/subcat are listed. http://sevenstarpackaging.com/zencar...ex&cPath=46_57 so here you can see the 2 tapes listed (yes, the pic is of a marker, I was just testing the pic to see if that was the problem) are way out of align compared to the rest of the items on the site. like this for example. http://sevenstarpackaging.com/zencar...ex&cPath=46_57

I tried changing the pic, deleting the pic, deleting the item and re-entering it, deleting the subcat (flatback tape) and re-entering and changing the name a little bit, and it keeps doing the same thing. I can enter other items in other cats (even within the "tape" category with no problem. I can enter these problem items under other category's with no problem. Then I try and enter here, and it goes to hell..... Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
    Justin

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: strange styling problem - help needed

I'm confused, what's not lining up with what? And both links you gave go to the same place, so no help finding a difference there.

Plugin Contributions

You are confused because my brain is fried at this point. I posted the same link twice. So here is the link I wanted to show as the one that is working the way I want it to work. you can see how everything lines up much better in the below link, than in the 2 above links.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Justin

http://sevenstarpackaging.com/zencar...cPath=42_43_63

Plugin Contributions

What happens if you add a description to the ones in the first link like you have in the items in the second link?

Plugin Contributions

If I do that, then it works........ Although I have no clue why.

Plugin Contributions

The table cells in the listing are not given explicit widths (except for the price column), so they auto-adjust depending on their contents. The description will force the image column to shrink to its minimum only if it is long enough to fill the potential width.

If you don't want to depend on there being descriptions in every category, you can fix the image column width. Add to your stylesheet

#listCell0-0 {width: 123px;}

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so the length of the product's description is affecting the layout. As i am looking through the site, it is affecting many items, some not as drastic as others. The shorter the description, the bigger the problem and more noticeable it is. Currently all the descriptions are left justified, and we really like the look at that. Does anyone have a clue as to how to make it look the same for all of them?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    The table cells in the listing are not given explicit widths (except for the price column), so they auto-adjust depending on their contents. The description will force the image column to shrink to its minimum only if it is long enough to fill the potential width.

If you don't want to depend on there being descriptions in every category, you can fix the image column width. Add to your stylesheet

#listCell0-0 {width: 123px;}
    That is awesome!!! thank you so much for the help!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

So just by seeing your fix for this, you opening the door for me to fix 2-3 more padding/margin issues in other places in the site. It is a good feeling to be learning so much from everyone. Thanks again for the help!

Justin

Plugin Contributions

Happy to help, and especially happy to have you learning beyond the exact question at hand.