Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping Question

I have a problem with my store. I set up the free shipping option on items totalling 180.00 for free shipping. I went into each item and re edited the free shipping block. I do have the free shipping module installed. But when I register and approve and then go to the store and do a test buy for a product either over 180.00 or under, I get this error when i go to the checkout.

Not Available At This Time
    Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time.
    Please contact us for alternate arrangements.

it does not matter which state it is i get the same error. In my admin i noticed under the shipping there is a catagory for zones, it only listed US, Ca and i thought mabe this was the problem so i put in beside those ,Oh, W.va but i still get this result also. What do i need to change in the program to offer my products to all states here in the U.S. except Alaska and Hawaii. I do not want to ship out of the U.S.

tks in advance
    David52

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping Question

"Please contact us for alternate arrangements."

That's text that doesn't come from any built-in shipping modules.

Where is it located in your site? That'll be a clue as to what shipping module is triggering it.
    See:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=38
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=39

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

here you go on where it is at

/home/bribuw/public_html/clock_store/includes/languages/english/checkout_shipping.php

Line #23 : define('TEXT_NO_SHIPPING_AVAILABLE','<span class="alert">Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time.</span><br />Please contact us for alternate arrangements.');

/home/bribuw/public_html/clock_store/includes/languages/english/checkout_payment.php

Line #25 : define('TEXT_NO_PAYMENT_OPTIONS_AVAILABLE','<span class="alert">Sorry, we are not accepting payments from your region at this time.</span><br />Please contact us for alternate arrangements.');

so this is where it is comming from, what do u suggest?
    david52

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hmmm.

Okay, so, that gets triggered when all your active shipping modules have assessed themselves against the current customer's address and against all the rules you've configured for the module, and the end result is that all those active modules don't apply to the current transaction.

So, either you've placed zone-restrictions on the module, or placed pricing restrictions or other configuration settings in the module, which are collectively disqualifying the module from being usable.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Zone is set to None, do have a dropdown but it only says ohio. I did configure the one for free shipping and set a price of 180.00 for it. I guess i will have to undo all that i did or just give up on the free shippiing for itmes over $180.00
    I sure do not know what else to do for i do not want to dump the whole cart and hav to start all over again. I got 81 clocks in the store

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Have you tried uninstalling that module ("remove") and reinstalling it ("Install"), and test a transaction using the default settings? ANd then start configuring it again with the changes you've made?

Are taxes or coupons or discounts causing the prices to change so that the "minimum" you set isn't actually being hit? etc etc etc

Plugin Contributions

Dr. B, I will look into it tomorrow. Its late, I am disgusted with trying to figure out how i mesed this up. all day long. Will get back with u tomorrow and I hope we can connect again
    David

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I give up finally

I guess i have worn out my welcome to the forum, Cant really figure why my cart is throwing the message I get. So the only options I have is to dump the cart and reload and start all over again or go to a different cart and set it up all over again.
    I put the cart down for matinace until i decide what i am going to do.
    Best regards to all
    david52

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I give up finally

I'm not sure where those comments came from.
    I asked you some questions to help attempt to diagnose what's wrong, but you've not answered them. We can't help you without knowing facts, lots of facts.
    The circumstances you describe are not normal, and not how the software normally works out-of-the-box. But once you start changing things we have no way of magically knowing what you've done or what you've added, so can't tell you why it's not working.

Best wishes with whatever you ultimately decide.

Plugin Contributions

Dr. B. Here are the settings I have in place as follows

1. change was made to config,customer details, change setting from 0 to 2

2. zone definitions/taxes/payment and shipping set to "ohio" for local sales tax zone
    ohio state sales tax is set to 7%

3. free shipping options is installed and the price is set for Orders over 180.00 are free

4. Free shipping mod is installed and set to true and the dropdown for Shipping zone is set to none. I want to be able to ship here in the states except alaska and hawaii which those 2 will not be free shipping. and I only want to ship to the u.s. and no wher else

5. yes the only state in the dropdown is for Ohio

? so how do i change the dropdown to all 48 states
    so this is what i got to keep you updated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast