Plugin Contributions

Default I deleted the Admin Activity Log table

Hey Everyone,

I am new to using zencart and when working with the mysqlphp i accidently deleted the admin_activity_log. How can i restore this via manual input?

Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I deleted the Admin Activity Log table

If you're talking about the table CONTENTS, you'll need to restore from backup.

If you're talking about the whole table, it's also best to restore from backup.

You could optionally reconstruct it from the original /zc_install/sql/mysql_zencart.sql code, but that's still gonna result in lost data. Best to restore from backup.

You DO make regular backups of your database, right? And ESPECIALLY before you go mucking about with the raw database data ... right?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Can you not just go into the install db and setup the table structure in phpmyadmin as it is in the install db? Do you really need data in there? I thought that data is just a log of admin activity and is regularly deleted anyways.

Plugin Contributions

The log of admin activity comes in very handy if you ever get hacked.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's required for PCI compliance reasons, as an audit trail of who's been accessing what.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

So we should export it and save it for how long? Because that table does get big quick. TIA.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The "Implementation Guide" included with v1.5.0 (and newer) includes guidance on that topic.
    I believe the recommendation is 12 months.