Plugin Contributions

Default Category Image won’t change to new image.

I sell magazines. I wish to update my category image to the new edition magazine. I up loaded new images in SM, MED, LRG. When I checked on my host files the new images are sitting in the correct folders – images, medium, large respectively.

For some reason my image on the category (small image) will not change to the new image. The MED & LRG images have change to new image but the category image will not change. Even when I try to change through admin it still will not change and the old image is still on display.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

I wish I could

o What version of Zen Cart? v1.3.9h
    o Is it a new install or an upgrade? New installed on my server Just Host. I am editing it there.
    o What the addons/contributions you have installed? Non
    o What customizations have you made? Created custom Template. Moved text and boxes form home page. Setting up categories etc
    o What type of server are you using? Unix-based servers on JustHost.com
    o Are you installing locally? It’s already installed on my host. I am editing it there.
     What operating system? Windows 7
     What version of PHP is installed on the server? PHP 5.2.16

o
    o What version of MYSQL is installed on the server? MySQL server version 5.0.91
    o What you were doing when your problem occurred? Editing my home page
    o What are the steps to reproduce the problem?
    o Have you attempted to fix the problem? Reading FAQ and trying instructions found there.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Category Image won’t change to new image.

URL to page where problem is evident?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

What do you mean by "category" image? If you mean the small thumbnail for a particular individual product then I dunno, need a link to look.

If you mean the picture that you use at the top of a subcategory or category page - like you've got a category full of magazine products and at the top of the page it says "magazines" and has an image of a magazine and clicking that pic brings up a list of magazines - well then you might try putting that picture in the subfolder images/categories because that's where those images usually get pulled from.

That's my guess. It's just a guess. Implement at your own risk, and only after fully backing up everything.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    URL to page where problem is evident?
    I am sorry but I do not know what you mean URL to page where problem is evident? Can you answer with more detail?

I made a mistake in the way described my problem. The problem is not with a category thumbnail image. The problem is with a small product thumbnail image. I have images for a new magazine which I uploaded. Thumbnail, MED & LRG. All the new images have arrived in my host folders of Images, Medium & Large. The old images have been over written as I cannot find them. The old and the new images share the same file name but I believe the old images should have been overwritten.

But when I look at the product in my website the thumbnail of the product is still the old image. But the Medium and Large images are the new image. Even though I try to change the thumbnail in Admin it refuses to change to the new image.

I found that the same is true with another product but in reverse. The thumbnail & Medium image have change to the new product image but the Large image is still the old product. But when I look in Host Large images the new image is there. Not the old none.

All my other batch of uploaded images worked ok.

Do you know what the problem may be?

I wish I could.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I meant: "What is the URL to that page on your website?"
    It's much easier to help you if we can see EXACTLY what's allegedly wrong.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

http://alduz.com/index.php?main_page...cPath=18_19_23

The thumbnail for 6AD MAGAZINE PSYCHIC DIRECTORY is the old image that won't change. If you click on it you will see the medium and larger image are a different image and the thumbnail should be the same as these.

I wish I could

Plugin Contributions

all 3 pics for the 6AD MAGAZINE PSYCHIC DIRECTORY look the same to me - orange cover same lady etc. I looked at the image info and the directories look right so I guess you fixed that or maybe just need to refresh your cookies/cache.

The other pics on the page I see the thumbnail, click on it to go to the product page, see the medium sized image, click on the medium image and then the problem pops up - no large image. So for those you need to look at the name of the image you placed in the /large directory. For example on one your original image is called 6ASP.jpg and your medium is called 6ASP_MED.jpg
    Is there a 6ASP_LRG in the /large directory? Or by change is it mistakingly called 6ASP_LRG.JPG or 6aSP... or anything else except 6ASP (sumthin sumthin sumthin).jpg (with jpg in lower case)?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by joejoejoe View Post
    all 3 pics for the 6AD MAGAZINE PSYCHIC DIRECTORY look the same to me - orange cover same lady etc. I looked at the image info and the directories look right so I guess you fixed that or maybe just need to refresh your cookies/cache.

The other pics on the page I see the thumbnail, click on it to go to the product page, see the medium sized image, click on the medium image and then the problem pops up - no large image. So for those you need to look at the name of the image you placed in the /large directory. For example on one your original image is called 6ASP.jpg and your medium is called 6ASP_MED.jpg
    Is there a 6ASP_LRG in the /large directory? Or by change is it mistakingly called 6ASP_LRG.JPG or 6aSP... or anything else except 6ASP (sumthin sumthin sumthin).jpg (with jpg in lower case)?

Wow. Thanks for your insight. The problem is my browser. When I use a different browser everything is fine. I was having the problem on Google Chrome. Everything is fine now that have deleted cookies.
    Regarding the other images. I have not loaded a large image for them yet so there is now fault there. That’s just another job for my to do list.

Thanks for your help
    I wish I could