Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding Sidebox with a list of all crystals offered

You do not need to set the URL ...

Turn on the Manufacturers Info sidebox ...

Go to one of the Products for Amethyst ... look at the Manufacturers Info sidebox and you will see the Other Products ... click that ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hmm, ok, now I have another issue.......it is currently scrolling so you can only see maybe the fist four or five? Is there a way i can make it one long list? thank you! I am finding things as I go.....think I am getting the hang of it though!

Plugin Contributions

ok, i think I found out how to work this.....if I want one single list, without the client having to scroll, I just set the list size to 25 or 50 or in my case 318 :) and a long list will go down the side. Unless there is an easier way.....LOL my mind works in weird ways :)

Plugin Contributions

You could set it to a lower number like 5, 10 or 20 and let people scroll the list ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

true, but i really want it to look and do what the example website does. I know it will be a long list but I just know my customers and they want it layed out in front of them. I think I have a handle on it, just need to find which file to change the title "manufacturers" to Crystal Listing but I can use the developers tool kit for that when the time comes.

Thank you so much for your help again. I really do appreciate the time you have spent with me!! This is awesome!!

Plugin Contributions

You are most welcome ... you might also test out that Manufacturers Info sidebox ... it encourages people to click the Other Products which would show all of those for that Crystal ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: you should check your footer links ...

Are they correct? Do you want customers leaving your site?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Good Morning!

Well, after doing several crystals, i have decided on a much easier route, I think :) I uploaded a blank sidebox. Now all I have to do is type in the name and add the link. Less steps!! and since I have over 300 products I would have to go back and change, less time too!

Two questions: I do not write code and as of yet, I have not found an example of the code I want to incorporate. Basically, I want the name of the crystal hyperlinked to the page where all items of that crystal are found.

Is there a code i can use and if so, where do I find it?

Also, on your last comment......huh? LOL Footer links. They came that way with the template, but I have not figured out how to remove them. You can see "Home" is covered up by the zen cart stuff but I don't know how to correct it.

Thanks again for helping me. I am so so so grateful!!

Plugin Contributions

If you do not mark the Products as being specific Crystals such as with the Manufacturers ... how do you think the blank side box coded for them is suppose to work?

The Manufacturers, once setup, is the fastest way to do this ... fix the 300 Products now and in the future add your new Products with the Manufacturer and I think you will get better results ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Yes, you are right. I was able to get a blank sidebox going and if there was only one product, i was able to link it, but to link all products using the search option, the url was just too danged long :) So it is back to setting it up via manufacturers.

I am self taught, so sometimes, i just have to go with what my head "sees" and it did not see that one all the way through! LOL

now, what is this about my footer? explain please? and how do I fix it?

thanks again!! You are a voice of reason and expertise in a land of chaos and confusion :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast