Plugin Contributions

Default Some advice with Payment setup?

Sorry if that has been asked, but could not really find an answer.

I would like to take Credit Cards and debit cards on my website, what are the options for this, I presume one is PayPal Pro which is £20pm , is there a way I can use my Bank as this will be for a shop that already have a swipe machine set up , what is involved in this will it work with Zen cart ?

Or any other suggestions as I am trying to keep the cost down btw i am in the UK

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Some advice with Payment setup

If you have a Merchant Account with a bank, then you will still need a Gateway service for "linking" your webshop payments to your merchant bank account.

SOME banks may have (or will help you develop) a payment module for zencart, and this will then be a DIRECT link between your webshop and your bank. This can however mean further issues, as banks may require your web-server to be PCI/DSS compliant.

There are a few webhosts who do have PCI/DSS compliant servers, and a bank will require their PCI certificate before they facilitate direct payment systems.

You can look at a third-party GateWay provider such as AUTHORIZENET or SAGEPAY.

There are already zencart modules for these gateways, though the SagePay module we would recommend is a commercially available module from CEON (dev.ceon.net).

The way this works is quite simple.

1. Contact the gateway provider (eg: SagePay) and explain that you need connectivity from their system to your Merchant Bank. Tell them that you will be running a Zencart site. They will explain their OPTIONS for transactional procedures. In many cases, you will just need to use their re-direction option, as this is the cheapest method. (SagePay FORM is an example of a re-direction option).

2. Set up your zencart site and install the payment module for your chosen gateway. If this is AUTHORIZENET, there is a built-in module in zencart. Again... you will need to install the right module, depending on what type of service you are arranging with the GateWay provider.

3. You will probably need to get your site SSL secured, so your hosting provider could arrange this for you.
    19 years a Zencart User