Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Installing Comet Chat

cometchat.com/documentation/installing-cometchat/custom-coded-site/php-site

any idea how to install this? iv got version 4.0 and i have no clue how to integrate it with my website T_T

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installing Comet Chat

anyone can help ?

Plugin Contributions

Default need help with Login session

i installed cometchat on my website but i cant seem to configure it with login.. this is the guide i got from their site. any help or clue would be appreciated
    www.bh-init.com

Update single-sign-on functionality

Scroll down to find the getUserID() function.

The getUserID() function is used to return the logged in user’s ID. Depending on how you have programmed your site, you will have to find out the user’s ID.

If you have written a simple PHP authentication, then during the authentication, you can specify a session variable like:

/* In your own login.php */
    /* After you authenticate the user */
    $_SESSION['userid'] = $users['id']; // Modify to suit requirements

Then your getUserID() function will look like:

function getUserID() {
    $userid = 0; // Return 0 if user is not logged in

if (!empty($_SESSION['userid'])) {
    $userid = $_SESSION['userid'];
    }

return $userid;
    }

If you are using a cookie then read that using the following function:

function getUserID() {

if (!empty($_COOKIE['userid'])) {
    $userid = $_COOKIE['userid'];
    }

return $userid;
    }

If you are using a more complex method of authentication like storing the session_hash in the database, then your getUserID() function will look something like:

function getUserID() {

if (!empty($_COOKIE['sessionhash'])) {
    $sql = ("select userid from ".TABLE_PREFIX."session
    where sessionhash = '".mysql_real_escape_string($_COOKIE['sessionhash'])."'");
    $query = mysql_query($sql);
    $session = mysql_fetch_array($query);
    $userid = $session['userid'];
    }

return $userid;
    }

Plugin Contributions

T_T i tryed everything and i cant seem to get it to work, any help would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately, you'll probably have to wait for a Zenner who has used that software, and since you're the first to mention it in the forums, I'm guessing there aren't many of those.

The website of the software in question has a support forum and they claim a "dedicated support team is always on stand-by to assist you :)". Might be quicker to ask them (or pay the $49 - they guarantee it'll work then).

Plugin Contributions

my friend purchased it and hes using it so he just gave me the source code he said its easy to install on custom php site but the thing is i dont know how zen cart login authentication works T_T

basicly all i need to do right now is when someone login it stores in session and makes the function to getuserid works and it will be working perfecly.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

So you're stealing the code and asking us to tell you how to use it on your site?

Geez

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

i wouldnt call it stealing he purchased the whole set and he is using it on phpbb3 so he gave me the code for custome code. they offer you to buy diffrent type of sets he bought whole the package.

he also have got for mybb and vbulltin and others that arent used.. and it works under a license thing else it wont work on the site.

but thanks for your quick judge ^_^ . nvm ill figure a way 2 do it

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It wasn't a "quick judge". It's simple facts. You're violating their license. We don't support such behavior here.

http://www.cometchat.com/faq#f6ce10b...b95b87f7737d53
    Licensing

Is the license a one-time purchase or a monthly/yearly expense?
    The purchase of a CometChat license is a one-time cost and entitles you to the complete source code for use on one domain. Support and upgrades are provided free of cost for 1 year.

How many licenses do I need?
    You need one license per live domain. You can use the same CometChat license for your development/staging servers.

Do I need more than one license if I'm installing CometChat on several subdomains/directories?
    Yes, every installation of CometChat requires a license.

Do you offer an unlimited/developers license?
    We do not offer any license which entitles you to use CometChat an unlimited number of times. Each installation requires its own license.

I found a third party selling CometChat licenses. Is that legal?
    CometChat licenses are non-transferable. Our website, is the only legal source of CometChat licenses. By purchasing from third parties, you also risk missing out on the great support and software updates from the CometChat team. If in doubt, please don't hesitate to contact us regarding the legitimacy of a license or to report a reseller.
    Are you willing to share with us your full name, email address, and domain, as well as the same information about your friend so we can ask their sales team whether your actions are acceptable? If not, then I guess we know your true intentions.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

his name is mohammad ali al banna , i will ask him for his domain and info tomorrow morning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast