Plugin Contributions

Default Coupon Restrictions Help

Hello. I'm new to Zen Cart and so far it's great, but I need some help. So far any time I've had a problem, I've been able to search and find the answers...but not this go around. Hopefully I'm just overlooking something simple, but:

When I add a coupon and then add the restrictions to only allow certain products, it allows the coupon to be used for every item in my store. I performed the TOP Deny action but it did not help. I also added every single category as denied as well and still no luck. The only thing that jumps out at me as being odd is that the "All Categories" is listed as a category id of -1 and I don't know if that is the way it is supposed to be. Below is a screenshot of my current setup. Any help would be appreciated. BTW zen cart was installed by godaddy (the evil hosting company with sluggish speeds) and it is version 1.3.9h. The only thing i have added that I can think of is Easy Populate to add in my products more easily and update inventory. I installed Zen Cart approximately a week or so ago but today is the first time I've tried to do any kind of coupon to celebrate my website grand opening. This isn't exactly any kind of huge rush as I'm able to get the same end result by setting the minimum amount on the coupon to $750...since all the products I wanted the coupon to affect are all over that dollar figure and no others are.

If it matters, my site is http://www.lanbosmilsim.com

Last edited by Lanbo; 21 Dec 2011 at 08:15 AM. Reason: meant category id -1, not 1

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Coupon Restrictions Help

It looks like none of your Products have the master_categories_id set ...

Do you use Linked Products?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the quick reply.

I do not use linked categories, however when adding some items through Easy Populate early on, I accidentally added a duplicate because I accidentally changed the category and sent the file in again. I found that out when looking at the categories I noticed one of them said linked, but I deleted the wrong duplicate item and it no longer has the yellow linked product symbol anywhere anymore.

As far as the master_categories_id, how would I go about setting that?

Thanks again.

EDIT: I just looked at some random products and it appears as though the items I added manually through zen cart all have a master_categories_id of what they should be, everything added through Easy Populate has an id of 0. Anyway to easily change this? Can Easy Populate do it?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Lanbo; 21 Dec 2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: More info

Plugin Contributions

If you do not use Linked Products ... then you can go to the Tools ... Store Manager ... and run:
    Reset ALL Products Master Categories ID
    to be used for Linked Products and Pricing:
    Then run:
    Update ALL Products Price Sorter
    to be able to sort by displayed prices:
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

And that fixed it. Thank you so much for your help. You, madame, are a Zen Cart Angel.

Along this topic though, do you know if this will continue to happen as I add new items through Easy Populate? Obviously I could check after adding more, but if you happen to know that would be helpful. And if it will continue, is there a way to fix it...or did what you just had me do already fix it.

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Sure will ... as that does not add the:
    master_categories_id
    products_price_sorter

So you should run those two after you import products ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thank you again. I will be sure to do that each time.

Plugin Contributions

You are most welcome ... thanks for the update that this works for you ...
    Linda McGrath