Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    332
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: 404 error after changing name od admin folder

    Quote Originally Posted by joejoejoe View Post
    It may be something simple that because you've been looking at it for so long you can't see it. Maybe fresh eyes can help. Do you have anyone who can look at where you installed it and compare that to what you typed in the config?

    You said the entire store is "in a folder". Is it in the root folder or in a subfolder?
    And when you say "this is a second site" What do you mean - two versions of zen cart running on the same server"
    I agree, I have tried both 1.38 and 1.39, they both redirect to the wrong place. This is a second site(subfolder) that I have created within my public_html(home folder). do you think that could be it?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,677
    Plugin Contributions
    2

    Default Re: 404 error after changing name od admin folder

    This is a second site(subfolder) that I have created within my public_html(home folder). do you think that could be it?
    Did you make sure to append the folder name to the end of the URL in the configure.php files?
    The best way to learn is to try stuff. But, back it up first.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    332
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: 404 error after changing name od admin folder

    Quote Originally Posted by RescoCCC View Post
    Did you make sure to append the folder name to the end of the URL in the configure.php files?
    Yes, i did this in the 3 places noted in the instructions. it will go to the logon page, but when i enter the credentials, it goes to /admin/login.php?zenAdminID=66dc039aaf771c3cc1bf4ef70dc05809

    which is not found as per the 404

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    60,580
    Blog Entries
    4
    Plugin Contributions
    145

    Default Re: 404 error after changing name od admin folder

    That tells me that you've not actually edited the configure.php file to tell it the new name of the admin folder.

    And, before you say you have, be reminded that if the configure.php file is read-only, then any changes you might try to save to the file won't save.
    Take note of the mention of that issue in the FAQ article about it: http://tutorials.zen-cart.com/index.php?article=33
    .

    Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donations always welcome: www.zen-cart.com/donate

    Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.



  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    332
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: 404 error after changing name od admin folder

    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That tells me that you've not actually edited the configure.php file to tell it the new name of the admin folder.

    And, before you say you have, be reminded that if the configure.php file is read-only, then any changes you might try to save to the file won't save.
    Take note of the mention of that issue in the FAQ article about it: http://tutorials.zen-cart.com/index.php?article=33
    Byte, I appreciate your candid statement. That was the one the first things I checked. I changed the permissions in my ftp and verified it in my cpanel

    I even reinstalled zc just to make sure i maintained the correct process and permission.

    I will try and reload it again. I will change the permissions. change the folder name in config, the change the folder name

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    60,580
    Blog Entries
    4
    Plugin Contributions
    145

    Default Re: 404 error after changing name od admin folder

    The ONLY reason it would redirect to a URL containing "/admin/" after entering login credentials is if the configure.php file is telling it to.

    Edit: I suppose you could have .htaccess redirects happening too, but those aren't part of Zen Cart, so I can't help you there.
    Last edited by DrByte; 23 Dec 2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: edit
    .

    Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donations always welcome: www.zen-cart.com/donate

    Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.



  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    332
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: 404 error after changing name od admin folder

    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The ONLY reason it would redirect to a URL containing "/admin/" after entering login credentials is if the configure.php file is telling it to.

    Edit: I suppose you could have .htaccess redirects happening too, but those aren't part of Zen Cart, so I can't help you there.
    ok, Its not redirecting to admin anymore, but its adding HTTPS, then giving me the same 404..
    Does anyone know of somebody that help with a htaccess file

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,677
    Plugin Contributions
    2

    Default Re: 404 error after changing name od admin folder

    Does anyone know of somebody that help with a htaccess file
    If you have one, back it up and then delete it to see what happens.
    The best way to learn is to try stuff. But, back it up first.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    60,580
    Blog Entries
    4
    Plugin Contributions
    145

    Default Re: 404 error after changing name od admin folder

    Quote Originally Posted by wagnerguy View Post
    i contacted my host, they said it appears to be redirecting due to my htaccess file loaded in my main directory ..
    Have you tried simply removing (or renaming) that file? It doesn't come with Zen Cart, so it could be tampering with normal functionality.
    .

    Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donations always welcome: www.zen-cart.com/donate

    Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.



  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    332
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: 404 error after changing name od admin folder

    i just removed it, samething.

    One thing I noticed is that its changing over to a https from http. could the ssl be causing an issue?

    how can I stop it from redirecting to a https?

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Changing name of admin folder
    By Mad Mick in forum General Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7 Sep 2009, 08:11 AM
  2. 403 error after changing name of admin folder
    By YZ250 in forum General Questions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 7 Jul 2009, 07:40 AM
  3. database error after changing admin folder
    By bryden in forum General Questions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30 Jun 2009, 07:05 AM
  4. Changing 'admin' folder name for security/https admin
    By droptest in forum General Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20 Jun 2007, 09:59 PM
  5. Changing /admin Folder Name
    By Phid in forum General Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18 Aug 2006, 09:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •