Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tax 0%: checkout confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    It should not show if there is no tax to display. Does your USA zone include NY? If so then maybe you've got it tricked into thinking it needs to do "group taxes", and thus you're forcing it to display anyway.
    Yes I had my USA zone include NY, and My International include all countries.

Ok, so I'm going to delete and re-define the zones. Just to be clear I need to create 2 zones:

1 for NY:

Country> United states> New York

and another zone for everywhere else?

United states> New Jersey
    United states> California
    +58 more USA states

Country> Zimbabwe
    Country> Zambia
    + every other country in the world? (as we ship world wide)

this would take some time to configure, is this the correct method? According to ZC's wiki it is, but it seems a bit extreme.
    Zencart 1.3.9h - PHP 5.2.13 - My SQL 5.0.84 - Apache 1.3.41

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

No, you shouldn't need to create thousands of new zone definitions.

Why did your International zone include all countries? If your primary country is US then US isn't "international" to you. What was the reason for including US in the International zone in the first place?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

When I set up my ZC I had 3 zones, USA, NY and International (not including USA) this is how I thought it should be set up. I have learned a lot since then, but am still confused by this.

I ship everywhere in the world but need to charge sales tax in NY, I tried setting up one zone - NY and the tax rate for that one zone, but it didn't work.

Am I missing something here?

BTW everything works fine, except for the 0% tax display (on all orders outside NY)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dharma View Post
    When I set up my ZC I had 3 zones, USA, NY and International (not including USA) this is how I thought it should be set up. I have learned a lot since then, but am still confused by this.
    Yes, That is how I'd probably do it.
    I ship everywhere in the world
    Using what shipping approach? Are you using zones for any shipping modules?
    but need to charge sales tax in NY, I tried setting up one zone - NY and the tax rate for that one zone, but it didn't work.
    What exactly didn't work?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I just did a test on a fresh clean uncustomized install, containing demo data.

1. Created a new Zone Definition for New York, added just USA+NewYork in the details.
    2. Created a new Zone Definition for USA, added United States, All Zones in the details.
    3. Created a new Zone Definition for International, added a handful of countries other than USA in the details.
    4. Created a new Tax Rate, setting it to the New York zone, Taxable Goods class, and Tax Rate of 8.875% and gave it a description of "NY Tax".
    5. Added a product to my cart, began checkout, created an account using a New York address, chose flat rate shipping, and on the payment screen it shows me the tax properly calculated for the product, so I selected a payment method.
    6. On the checkout-confirmation screen I'm presented with 3 columns in the Shopping Cart Contents section: Qty, Title, Total.
    No mention of 0% tax anywhere.

I tried changing the Display 0 Sales Tax setting (which isn't relevant in this case, since it only applies when the actual tax amount is 0.00). No difference.
    Tried changing the Show Split Tax Lines setting, and that made no difference either.
    Tried changing Admin->Configuration->My Store->Store Zone to New York too, to make it match up with taxes, just in case, and that made no difference.

Seems to me like you're using those other zones for multiple purposes which might be conflicting with each other.

What else am I missing that I'd need to do to make my otherwise-default-uncustomized-unaltered store work like yours so I can trigger the same problem?

Plugin Contributions

What else am I missing that I'd need to do to make my otherwise-default-uncustomized-unaltered store work like yours so I can trigger the same problem?
    5. Added a product to my cart, began checkout, created an account using a New York address,
    The 0% Tax only appears on non-NY state orders, try a shipping address/account outside NY, to see if that triggers the issue.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Changed to a California address. Same results. Checkout confirmation screen shows Shopping Cart Contents of Qty, Item Name, Total.

The "display 0 taxes" shows Taxes: $0.00 when enabled, and blank when disabled, as expected. But, as discussed, that's not relevant to your issue.

Basis of Product Tax is set to the default of: Shipping

Plugin Contributions

I tried all your settings, no result.

I deleted the tax rate, no result.

I deleted all the zone definitions, no result.

With no tax rate or zone definitions, what is other setting would make this 0% tax still appear?

Plugin Contributions

Hold the phone, I might have got it.

let me do some more testing.

Plugin Contributions

No dice, still appears.

I'll do some more testing and see if I can find any more symptoms.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast