Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Customer Order History Not Available

Hi Zen Masters,
    I have read all kinds of threads with this type of problem but the others seem to have other problems as well. Everything else in my store appears to be working great. The Orders are processed and receipts are generated and all of the order info is input to my mySQL database. I can use that information by querying specific items that I need. The problem is, my customers can't view their order history and I can't either on the Admin page.
    I'm not exactly sure when this problem first occured, but was told by one of my customers a few weeks ago that they couldn't see their history. I have been busy with the business and this is our high time, so it's difficult to shut down the store at this point. I did take out all of the override folders, named "snowstar" to see if those were the problem. It didn't change anything so I put them back.

I am using version v1.3.9h which I downloaded as a new installation in June 2011.
    I have QBMS credit card processing. All of the "Order Total" modules are turned on except the C.O.D.
    The customizing that I have done is mainly cosmetic. My logo and colors. I have also customized the email info and added instructions to my order pages.
    My website is, http://www.snowstar.us and a direct link to my storefront is, http://snowstar.us/Zen/index.php.
    My host is LinkSky. If you need a link to them, I can supply that. They have all up to date versions of php and mySQL. Php version 5.2.16 and MySQL Version 5.0.92-community. It uses Apache version 2.2.17 and is on a linux operating system.

As I mentioned before, the store works great and I don't care if I can't see the order history in the admin area because I mainly gather the info directly from the database. I just would like my customers to be able to view their history. If you need more info, I'll be happy to supply whatever I can.

Thanks for your time
    Steve
    Snowstar Snow Sports School, Inc.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Order History Not Available

I'm guessing that there is a problem with the program not being able to return the data, that I have collected in my database, to the program when somebody tries to see their account history. All of the information is available in my MySQL database. I just don't know if I inadvertently turned something off or if something needs to be turned on in order for the program to retrieve the data that is in the database. Please, let me know what I can do to rectify this problem. I am at a loss and I'm trying to do business with this program.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What exactly does "can't view their history" mean?
    Are there NO indications of any orders at all? Or are the numbers there but the details come back blank when clicking the View Details button?
    What were you expecting to see? and what's happening instead? As much detail as possible.

And, for the admin side, are you seeing NO orders at all when you look under Admin->Customers->Orders?
    What happens if you search for an order number which you know exists? Does it bring it up? If so, what's the Order-status assigned to it?
    Since it sounds like you're meddling about in the database anyway, look up what the order-status assigned to those "missing" orders is. What number is it? How does that compare with the order-status entries in Admin->Localization->Orders Status screen?

Sounds like maybe your custom payment module is assigning invalid order status to all your orders, which prevents them from being shown anywhere.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

When a customer goes to their account, under "Previous Orders" there is a bar that has "Date, No., Ship to, Status, Total and View" but nothing is listed below. It's blank. If a customer clicks on "show all orders" They go to the "My Order History" page which is blank except for the "back" button and the numbers "-4,-3,-2,-1,0".

On either of those pages, I would think the customer would see an order that they have made and paid for but the pages are blank as described above.

On the Admin side, when going to Admin->Customers->Orders, it shows a gray bar with "ID, PaymentShipping, Customers, Order Total, Date Puchased, Status, Customer Comments Action" showing in the gray bar and it says "Displaying 0 to 0 (of 0 orders)" just below the gray bar. Otherwise the page under the gray bar is blank.
    If I type in an order ID number, the order does come up with all of the information. Next to "Status" is an empty dropdown box.

In the database, in the zen_orders table, the order status numbers are all "1". When I look at Admin->Localization->Orders Status screen, it is basically blank and under Orders Status it just says "Displaying 0 to 0 (of 0 orders)".

If it is my custom payment module which is qbms, how can I fix that? Or is it something else?

If you like, I can supply screen shots.

Thanks for your time and assistance,
    Steve

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    In the database, in the zen_orders table, the order status numbers are all "1".
    Good.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    When I look at Admin->Localization->Orders Status screen, it is basically blank and under Orders Status it just says "Displaying 0 to 0 (of 0 orders)".
    That's BAD. And is the cause of your problem.

You'll want to restore the original contents of the "orders_status" table in your database. That table should not be blank.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I didn't take anything out of it. Where do I find the contents that are supposed to be there?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can find the raw SQL in the /zc_install/sql/mysql_zencart.sql file

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Dr Byte.

I found the file, then after much digging through the file, I found the zen_orders_status table structure and then the values that were missing. Added the values and all is well. The order history is now working for my customer's accounts and the orders now show in the admin section, too.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Steve Daase
    Snowstar Snow Sports School

Plugin Contributions

Hi Steve, DrByte,

Unfortunately I'm having exactly the same problem (no orders shown in the admin and no order history in the customer's account (including the negative numbers -4 -3 -2 -1 0) ) .
    Therefore, I was wondering if you guys could tell me what I have to change in the database to fix this problem?
    Here you can find a copy of my database orders_status : structure page : http://noggus.nl/sjuuls.com/images/mysql-sjuuls.jpg

This is the part of mysql_zencart.sql that it's about I guess....
    # --------------------------------------------------------
    #
    # Table structure for table 'orders_status'
    #
    D ROP TABLE IF EXISTS orders_status;

C REATE TABLE orders_status (

orders_status_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

language_id int(11) NOT NULL default '1',

orders_status_name varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',

PRIMARY KEY (orders_status_id,language_id),

KEY idx_orders_status_name_zen (orders_status_name)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM;

# --------------------------------------------------------

My website = http://www.sjuuls.com (you can log in with my username and password to see what's happening with the order history. Username: [email protected] password: sjuuls123 )

I hope that someone can show me what I have to change & how.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Juliėtte

Plugin Contributions

Btw:

My zen cart version: v1.5.4
    My php version: 5.4.36-1~dotdeb.1 (Zend: 2.4.0)
    I imported the dutch language package and a template.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast