Plugin Contributions

Default MAS InSynch integration?

Hello all,
    I wasn't quite sure where to post this or if anyone has experienced this before. My company is working with a company named ROI Consulting. They have developed an add on software for Sage's MAS system called InSynch. What InSynch does is pushes data from MAS to a mySQL database and once linked with ZenCart will dynamically update quantities and products on our store pages based on their status in MAS. Likewise, when an order is processed through our store, the data is pushed back to MAS, and the order is automatically entered into the MAS system.

My question is has anyone had experience with hooking ZenCart up to the InSynch database before? They want us to pay someone to do the work for us, and I wanted to see if how difficult the process actually was. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MAS InSynch integration?

According to their website, they originally wrote this in 1998 and have only done 250 installations, so it will be a long shot to find somebody for whom it was integrated with Zen Cart.

Interestingly they mention Zen Cart on their site, but as an example of an ecommerce cart - they don't actually say that they've ever integrated with it, and it looked to me as they they were trying to hint at experience that they don't actually have (but would be willing for you to pay for them to acquire, and which they could then sell to other clients).

Since they're the people who would have done any integrations, why don't you ask them whether or not they've actually done any for Zen Cart. If they have, ask to be put in touch with the clients - it's perfectly acceptable to ask to speak to clients of a consulting firm who've had similar work done before engaging the consultant's services.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MAS InSynch integration?

Kuroi,
    You are correct. They actually have no experience integrating their software into ZenCart. What they want you to do is pay one of their approved vendors for that work. I am trying to find a way around paying someone else to do this work.

That is interesting about their web site. I hadn't seen that. When they originally pitched it to us, they gave us the impression that they would be doing the integration. That is obviously not the case.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will look into that.

Eric