Page 130 of 361 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 3607
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Sorry I wasn't more specific. I installed easy populate 4. I created a folder called epuploads and set permissions at chmod 777. In the configuration section in the admin it asks for the uploads directory. I have it set at epuploads/

Is there something else I am missing?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by webmiss View Post
    Sorry I wasn't more specific. I installed easy populate 4. I created a folder called epuploads and set permissions at chmod 777. In the configuration section in the admin it asks for the uploads directory. I have it set at epuploads/

Is there something else I am missing?
    If you "right" click on one of the download links and copy the link, could you paste it here? (because of the location identified, you're welcome to substitute what you need to, but the important part is to try to identify if the link is "incorrectly created")

Is there a difference in URI between a secure connection and a standard connection? (ie. have a dedicated SSL versus a shared one? If shared, what is the format of it and how is that integrated into your configure.php files?)

Do you have any URI rewriter? htaccess redirects/rewrite rules? It may be that the folder is "hidden" from standard web browsing, even though the permissions are set. May need a new .htaccess file for the upload directory... Sorry I didn't respond earlier, wanted to look at the code a little and see how the system is expected to operate...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I figured out the issue. If you just click on the download link, it gives that error, if you right click as you suggested, it will download the file. Not sure what the difference is, but as long as the file can be downloaded, that's the important thing. Now, I haven't tried to import anything yet. Still waiting on client to send a file for the updates.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by webmiss View Post
    Hi,

I figured out the issue. If you just click on the download link, it gives that error, if you right click as you suggested, it will download the file. Not sure what the difference is, but as long as the file can be downloaded, that's the important thing. Now, I haven't tried to import anything yet. Still waiting on client to send a file for the updates.
    Left clicking attempts to open the file on screen. I believe if there are restrictions in the htaccess file ie, allow .jpg|.gif, etc... That don't include .csv, then you won't be able to "view" the file, but you can download it. I haven't tried altering the functionality in a while to see if that aspect is true, it may be that there is a setup in firefox that needs to know where to find the file to open for the data type... Generally speaking it is still better to right click and save the file, but if properly setup to "view" it on screen, that too can be helpful, but also can be confusing if there is a lot of information and depending on the needle for which your looking. :)

Good job, glad I didn't lead you too far away, though still may want to make some changes.

Plugin Contributions

Hello:

Does anyone know of any step-by-step instruction manual available for EP4? Especially when it comes to converting a wholesalers .csv file to EP's version? I found some instructions on Youtube but that video is so small, it just as well not be there!! A youtube video converter would be nice. If there is a video available for this, it would be great, again, as long as you can see it.

Thanks for your help,

Silver

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Whatever the original source of your data, it must be arranged to meet the structure of the zencart database.

If you open one of the SAMPLE FILES from easypopulate v4, you will see the names of the column headers. These names cannot change.

So what you need to do is arrange the data from your supplier's spreadsheet, so that the content can be listed under relevant Easypopulate column headers.

Your supplier may have a column called PRODUCT INFORMATION. Now there is no column called "PRODUCT INFORMATION" in Easy Populate - but there is a column called "v_products_description_1".

So it is probable that all you need do is get the product information from your supplier, an make sure the column header is v_products_description_1, and not PRODUCT INFORMATION.

The same principle applies to all the data and column headings.

However, sometimes a supplier may have product information is SEVERAL DIFFERENT COLUMNS - in which case you may need to use spreadsheet FORUMLAS to merge the content of one column with the content of others.

In MS EXCEL for example, the =CONCATENATE(parameters here) formula will join the contents of specified cells. A knowledge of how your spreadsheet operates is very valuable, as this can save you huge amounts of time and effort.

Plugin Contributions

fairescape;

Thank you for the information. I will look into it. Everything you said seems relatively simple except for the last part on product information. Couil you tell me how you place attributes, such as sizes, colors, etc? BTW, I'm guessing by your byline that you must know Schoolboy?

Silver

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHD View Post
    fairescape;

Thank you for the information. I will look into it. Everything you said seems relatively simple except for the last part on product information. Couil you tell me how you place attributes, such as sizes, colors, etc? BTW, I'm guessing by your byline that you must know Schoolboy?

Silver
    Yes, I am based in Cape Town, South Africa - but spend about half the year in the UK doing presentations on online trading. Schoolboy and I work on joint projects. I have been assisting with the latest venture in engraving services.

Easypopulate does not handle attributes (yet) but if you send a PM to chadderuski (the module's author) he may have updates on this.

We have found that APSONA SHOPADMIN is a more intuitive interface for importing data - including attributes.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the tip. I will PM him. Schoolboy helped me quite a bit when I didn't know very much about Zen. He is very knowledgeable. Looks like he has a tiger by the tail now!

Take care,

Silver

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fairestcape View Post
    Yes, I am based in Cape Town, South Africa - but spend about half the year in the UK doing presentations on online trading. Schoolboy and I work on joint projects. I have been assisting with the latest venture in engraving services.

Easypopulate does not handle attributes (yet) but if you send a PM to chadderuski (the module's author) he may have updates on this.

We have found that APSONA SHOPADMIN is a more intuitive interface for importing data - including attributes.
    While I haven't used apsona shopadmin, I would like to offer a correction to the above post, EP4 does handle attributes, in fact I had added partial functionality for stock by attributes available through github off of chadderuski's version.

As for other instructions on use, there have been posts in the last several pages about general usage of this plugin including sequencing of imports and exports and building the database for a product.