Page 25 of 360 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Hi Chadd,

I seem to have an issue where EP4 is not showing up in the tools drop down menu after installation to two live sites.

The menu appears on the test site which is also located on the same server but in a different directory such as "/public_html/test_cart/"

I have triple checked that the uploaded files including the files from the zencart 1.3 extra files directory are uploaded correctly to their correct directories inside the admin folder.

I even did a side by side comparison of directories between the test cart and the live site just to make sure all the files are the same and to ensure that the files are where they are suppose to be. But still EP4 isn't shown under the tools menu.

I then went to another site I managed and tried installing EP4 on that site as well. But again EP4 isn't shown under the tools menu. There is no test site under this store so I could not test it under a test directory like the other site.

Now both of these sites basically run the same templates and the same mods. But I only have one test site and this test site doesn't have all the mods installed to it that the live sites do.

Is it possible that EP4 isn't compatible with a mod I have installed?

But even if there is a compatibility issue with one of the mods that doesn't explain why it won't show in the tools menu for?

So I'm just wondering if you have any thoughts as to why this might be happening for?

A couple of points of interest.

Firstly on the test site I previously had EP v1.2.5.4 installed prior to installing EP4. I didn't uninstall EP prior to installing EP4 so both EP and EP4 were shown under the tools menu.

Secondly I completely removed EP and EP4 from the test site and went back to an earlier database backup as well. I then installed just EP4 to the test site and it showed up under the tools menu.

So I am unsure what to try next and was wondering if you have any insight as to what might be causing EP4 not to show up on the tools menu of the live sites for?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Never mind problem fixed ...

For those of you who come across this issue the issue is caused by having the "Admin Profiles" mod installed.

To fix the issue go into Tools --> Admin Settings - Edit Permissions

Scroll down to the bottom to where it says:

Third Party Mods (when enabled these 3rd party contributions will appear in the Admin menus determined by their authors)

Then put a tick in the box that says "easypopulate 4" and click the Save Changes button.

EasyPopulate 4.0 should then be shown under your Tools menu.

Chad you might consider adding this information to your install file so that others who are using the "Admin Profiles" mod don't forget to edit their profiles accordingly.

BTW for those of you who are interested. I found out what the issue was by directly accessing the link to EP4 from within my admin panel.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CybaGirl View Post
    Never mind problem fixed ...

For those of you who come across this issue the issue is caused by having the "Admin Profiles" mod installed.

To fix the issue go into Tools --> Admin Settings - Edit Permissions

Scroll down to the bottom to where it says:

Third Party Mods (when enabled these 3rd party contributions will appear in the Admin menus determined by their authors)

Then put a tick in the box that says "easypopulate 4" and click the Save Changes button.

EasyPopulate 4.0 should then be shown under your Tools menu.
    Hi CybaGirl!

Glad you figured this out and shared your discovery. I've never used "Admin Profiles" so I wouldn't have know it was an issue. I will put a note in the next release's note.

chadd

Plugin Contributions

Default Easypopulate 4.0 won't load products

I seem to be having a problem with easypopulate 4.0 I have it installed on another web site and have no problems at all but on my new site I can't seem to get it to work. I am running

zen 1.5
    PHP Version: 5.2.17 (Zend: 2.2.0) PHP Memory Limit: 99M

and have installed Easy Populate 4.0.19 - Beta 1-28-2012 whenever i try to upload my products I get the following message:

Import Results

Filename: Full-EP2012Apr04-110754.csv

No model field in record. This line was not imported these Ana |
    No model field in record. This line was not importedthese grad | soft ana | yet fast p | an explosi | then the b |

Finished Processing Import File

Updated records: 0
    New Imported records: 0
    Errors Detected: 0
    Warnings Detected: 0
    Memory Usage: 5727912
    Memory Peak: 6130832
    Execution Time: 0.00957083702087 seconds.

I have tried uninstalling the program first through tools/easypopulate and then it tells me that I am missing the configuration file and to click to install I have done that and no change I have also manually removed all ep 4.0 files reset "optimize database" and have download a fresh copy of ep 4.0 and no changes

I have even tried to manually enter a couple of products and then download new "Complete Products (with Metatags)" file edited it in openoffice with more products and uploaded to my site and still get the same message that "No model field in record. This line was not imported these Ana | "

Plugin Contributions

wj694,

Could you either attach a portion of your csv file, or PM it to me so I can check your file format? These situations nearly always are the result of something wrong in the CSV.

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Here is a copy of my csv file also one thing that I noticed between the databases for my 2 sites is the one that is working I have zen_ as the prefix for all the tables where as the site that ep 4.0 does not work on does not have this could this be the problem?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wj694 View Post
    Here is a copy of my csv file also one thing that I noticed between the databases for my 2 sites is the one that is working I have zen_ as the prefix for all the tables where as the site that ep 4.0 does not work on does not have this could this be the problem?
    It should not. That is handle behind the scenes via the zencart inner functions.

After a quick look, it seems you exported your CSV incorrectly. You select TAB Delimited. Change this to Comma Delimited and it should work.

-Chadd
    Last edited by chadderuski; 4 Apr 2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: edit

Plugin Contributions

Thank you chadd I will try this and let you know

Plugin Contributions

wj694,

Your file will work, but you should know that your product names are longer than 64 characters. Have you modded your database to handle long names? You CAN do this, and EP will let you know if your data violates a number of conditions like this .... especially Category Names where is can cause real havoc!

-chadd

P.S. to all readers: This is a perfect example of THE most common import problem. A simple error in your exported file. It is also why I request a sample of your data or working file because I can usually spot the problem VERY quickly.

Plugin Contributions

Chadd-

I tried what you suggested I opened the file in openoffice te only box that I had checked was "comma" and text delimeter is " and it is still not working this is the message I received this time

No model field in record. This line was not imported ruffled m | |
    No model field in record. This line was not imported ruffled m | |
    No model field in record. This line was not imported ribbon an | gathered |

Finished Processing Import File

Updated records: 0
    New Imported records: 0
    Errors Detected: 0
    Warnings Detected: 0
    Memory Usage: 5727632
    Memory Peak: 6130504
    Execution Time: 0.0163788795471 seconds.

I have attached another copy of my spreadsheet so you can see how it looks now

Thank you for all your help
    Attached Files Attached Files